General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Oil Pressure Gauge

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2009, 02:24 PM
mshook316
Unregistered
Talking Oil Pressure Gauge

So I bought a new 2008 Honda Accord for my fiance last June and we have already had to bring it in to get the check engine light diagnosed 3 times...very annoying!!

1st time - They said that there was a spider that had made its way into the cold air intake and made a nest, hence restricing air flow. Has anyone heard of this? They said that it was a very common thing. I think it is a load, but just wanted to find out if others had the same thing told to them.

2nd time - The said that there was a "power surge" that made the light go on. I didnt really like the sounds of this, but they said the car was OK...plus it is under warranty, so why should it matter?

3rd time - My fiance said that the light had been coming on and off over the last few weeks...I told her the next time it came on, we would take it in. So I took it in on Friday and when they diagnosed it, they said it was the Oil Pressure Gauge. When i told the Tech that the last time i brought it in that it was a "power surge" he looked at me puzzled and looked up the last service paperwork. He said that the same error code came up on the 2nd time as the 3rd time. I wasnt very happy.

They are going to replace the oil pressure gauge under the warranty, but should I be worried that this whole time that I was driving the car with a faulty oil pressure gauge and could this do damage to the car?

Just looking for some advice.

THANKS!!!

Old 02-01-2009, 07:25 PM

You posted this in the area for introductions not problems so it was moved here.

Old 02-02-2009, 07:24 AM
Super Moderator

Maybe call Honda customer service & tell them about the story you got from the dealer for the 2nd time.

If you're concerned about damage from oil starvation, you could get your oil analyzed. Couple places like blackstone-labs.com can tell you if the oil has any evidence of engine damage.