General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Over Heating Again

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2007, 09:16 PM
JDMSiR94
Unregistered
Default RE: Over Heating Again

Well the easiest test to do to see if you have a blown head gasket is just to see if you have and oil in your coolant, or coolant in your oil. If you check the oil and it looks milky then yeah its a gasket. Also you could have the wrong psi on your raditor cap most cars usally need 15 psi caps, but i have see plenty of 9psi caps. Also you might check and see if you bought the right t'stat, they have different ratings depending on how hot they need to get before they open. You might just have the wrong one.

Old 10-08-2007, 09:39 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

ORIGINAL: dcsmith

. I find you folks very helpful and I appreciate it. I think you two guys are probably the ones that offer a large amount of the help on this site. Maybe it is your job to answer every request for solutions. I certainly don't intend to burden anybody that doesn't want to be bothered.
A couple of things,,
# 1 ,, Here at HAF we want all of our membres to feel comforatble wether they are new or been here for a while .. Also we ( all of us at HAF ) try to help as many members as we possibly can without having them feel belittle by the questions that they input .. No question is a stupid question if one does not know the answer

# 2 ,,, This is not a job . I do not have to be here if i do not want to be here .. All of us here are here because we want to ,, I for one and i am sure a lot of other members, gives me ( us ) great satisfaction when i ( we ) can help a member repair their car with very minimal cost and a bit of do it yourself .. I just wish that all the members that we help would be nice enough to come back and post the fix .

# 3 .. And ,, it takes a lot of input from a lot of members to make this forum what it is today.. one way or another we all chip in ,, certain members have more knowledge in a particular field so they answer only those questions ..

# 4 ,, And finally ,, do not even for 1 minute think that when a member asks a question it is a burden or a bother ,, That's why we are here ( internet forums ) to help people ,, So anytime you have a question ASK AWAY ..

OOOhh,,, and thanks for choosing to be a member at HAF

Old 10-09-2007, 11:31 AM

I actually get mad when people don't ask questions. Then I am bored at work and have to do "actual work." I am glad you found your fix and I also thank you for posting it here. I can't stand it when people don't post their fix.

Old 10-09-2007, 11:42 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

No fix = selfish

Old 10-09-2007, 10:16 PM

You guys are alright! Thanks!