General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Passenger Airbag Light Issue

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2011, 10:57 AM
Default Passenger Airbag Light Issue

Ok, so here it goes.

One day, I had put a helmet in the passenger seat and I believe that triggered the Passenger air bag light in the center (which reads OFF) and on the dash board (which is a red icon of a driver and a deployed airbag) to come on.

Whenever I have a passenger in the car after that incident (who was over 50 pounds), the OFF light in the center console would turn off but the one on the dash board remained on.

I took it to Honda and they want to charge me 300+ something to fix it on top of the $80 they charged me to diagnose it. They asked if the car had been hit or in an accident and I said No! They claim its a problem with the computer blah blah blah.

But after they looked at it, the light in the center doesn't come on at all any longer, its weird.

Help!!!

is there a cure for this?

Its a leased 2008 honda accord v6, so I have to make sure the problem is correctd.

Last edited by swade730; 07-05-2011 at 11:01 AM.
Old 07-05-2011, 12:38 PM
Super Moderator : And A Texan

I would think this problem might be under warranty. Check your warranty terms closely and insist the system be repaired if in warranty.

good luck

Old 07-05-2011, 07:26 PM
Newest Of Newbies

What did they say the problem was? The one they are charging $300 to fix.

Old 07-07-2011, 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by ExpLo
What did they say the problem was? The one they are charging $300 to fix.
they have to fix and trouble shoot the Airbag setup.

Old 07-07-2011, 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by TexasHonda
I would think this problem might be under warranty. Check your warranty terms closely and insist the system be repaired if in warranty.

good luck
I called to find out and they told me that the warranty ended last April

Old 07-07-2011, 05:24 PM

99% of these are caused by the driver side seat-belt buckle. Next time the light comes on try this. Latch the driver side seat-belt, before you turn the key to on. If this stops the light from coming on, your seat-belt buckle is probably causing it. I took mine apart, and fixed it myself, so now the light will come on maybe once every six months. The seat-belts are supposed to have a lifetime warranty, so the dealership should fix it for free. I would try another dealership. That one is trying to rob you, IMO. I have bad experiences with the local dealership, so I try to fix problems myself, if at all possible. The next nearest dealership is over 70 miles away.

Old 07-08-2011, 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by EXV6NIGHTHAWK
99% of these are caused by the driver side seat-belt buckle. Next time the light comes on try this. Latch the driver side seat-belt, before you turn the key to on. If this stops the light from coming on, your seat-belt buckle is probably causing it. I took mine apart, and fixed it myself, so now the light will come on maybe once every six months. The seat-belts are supposed to have a lifetime warranty, so the dealership should fix it for free. I would try another dealership. That one is trying to rob you, IMO. I have bad experiences with the local dealership, so I try to fix problems myself, if at all possible. The next nearest dealership is over 70 miles away.
I tried what you mentioned but it didnt work. I still get this light

Old 07-08-2011, 02:15 PM
Administrator

Trying to be funny here...looks like a lap dance light to me...

Sorry...I couldn't help my self there..

If it's out of warranty, your recourse is to open your wallet and get er fixed...

Old 07-09-2011, 02:07 PM
Default lol

Originally Posted by WheelBrokerAng
Trying to be funny here...looks like a lap dance light to me...

Sorry...I couldn't help my self there..

If it's out of warranty, your recourse is to open your wallet and get er fixed...
looks like a guy in a seatbelt driving with the sun to his far right to me lol