General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

please help

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2012, 03:39 PM
Default please help

i have a 95 accord as well but i bought it with the h22a swap already done and who ever did it messed up everything nothing works right. it starts and runs but it shifts like a drag car and idles like 2 cylinders are not firing at all the wiring was done poorly and im chasing ghosts at this point considering i didn't start from the beginning if anyone could help me out i would greatly appreciate it i know they used even the factory accord map sensor and i think that could be the base of all my issues but im not sure

Old 07-08-2012, 04:02 PM
Super Moderator

Moved your post to a new thread. Putting a new problem at the end of an existing thread, makes the thread confusing.

Is the check engine light turning on while the engine is running?

Old 07-08-2012, 04:15 PM

lol well i guess i should have read that before i made a thread when i finally figured out how lol and yes the check engine light comes on almost instantly but i have not had the codes read but im sure there is a laundry list of them in there lol this car is a nightmare lol

Old 07-08-2012, 05:29 PM
Super Moderator

I would check for engine codes first. Then start tracking down the running problem.

There is a link in the common diy thread on top of the gen tech help forum on how to check engine codes. Let us know what you find.

Old 07-08-2012, 05:49 PM

it could have a drag transmission and a super advanced cam in it that is causing a rough idle... does it run fine when its going? How much power does it have and do you have list of what was done?

Old 07-09-2012, 06:16 AM

Originally Posted by Silver6gen
it could have a drag transmission and a super advanced cam in it that is causing a rough idle... does it run fine when its going? How much power does it have and do you have list of what was done?
Unfortunatly I do not have a list of what the last owner did I only have the list of what he messed up lol I don't believe it was set for drag or has aftermarket cams I believe the engine is for the most part stock except for the header the engine will only run smooth and not misfire after roughly 3k Rpms at wot and won't go over 6500 Rpms which is why I'm kinda leaning towards it being the map sensor being in correct for this engine seeing as it has the stock accord map sensor rigged on it