General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rotors keep warping

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2005, 08:16 PM
Administrator
Default RE: Rotors keep warping

on a very high end car, they may come with factory cross driller rotors..i think the vipers..vettes..so on...maybe some bimmers...some italians...

Old 04-30-2005, 03:09 AM
Administrator

Here you go fellow member..Dimpled Rotors by the WheelBroker from one of my Rides..this is what they look like

WheelBrokerAng
[sm=Flahssssss.gif]
ORIGINAL: Evlampius

oh hmm.. how do you inspect the cracking?? i mean can you see it from the outside? or thats the indication that the rotors are warped. To tell the truth i dont get a lot of cars in the area with crossdrilled -

yet i havent seen the cracks - i have cross-drilled rotors on my car they are fine - i cant say i feel any difference than it was regular rotors before but it does cool the brakes a lot better.

I'm not sure what is dimpling - can you explain plz?

... hehe to avoid slamming into other cars the only remedy is the distance! and i guess everybody learns it the hard way like my wife!

Patrick what kind of car do you have?

[IMG]local://upfiles/22/562B88776273460A8F5ECEC07122329A.jpg[/IMG]

Old 04-30-2005, 10:12 AM

dude ? couldnt you find a smaller picture??

cant see nothing in there

but i think i got what patrick ment

Old 05-01-2005, 12:24 PM

I was referring to upgrading rotors on a daily driver. For longevity I'd probably just go slotted..it still prevents glazing and no real need for cross drilling since we don't reach the speeds that those high hp sports cars can achieve.

Old 05-01-2005, 02:18 PM

ORIGINAL: 6thgen

I was referring to upgrading rotors on a daily driver. For longevity I'd probably just go slotted..it still prevents glazing and no real need for cross drilling since we don't reach the speeds that those high hp sports cars can achieve.

I on the other hand DO NOT recomend the slotted - as even though it prevents glazing - yes but "slices" the brake pad every time you brake, so the brake pads life is greatly decreased.

also when you get crossdrilled it releases the gasses when you brake thus cooling the pads better and prevents glazing too.

Old 05-02-2005, 10:26 AM

ORIGINAL: Evlampius

ORIGINAL: 6thgen

I on the other hand DO NOT recomend the slotted - as even though it prevents glazing - yes but "slices" the brake pad every time you brake, so the brake pads life is greatly decreased.

also when you get crossdrilled it releases the gasses when you brake thus cooling the pads better and prevents glazing too.
True...I guess to each his own

Old 05-04-2005, 02:36 AM
Maverick
Unregistered

Hey man, it seems like every car has this problem. It gets worse if you live in hot climate area.
Just make sure that you use torque wrench when tightening lug nuts. I believe Honda calls for 90 or 95 ft/lbs.
I normally take rotors to Autozone to get them machined. They charge $7 a piece. Not a big investment and it's good for another 10,000 miles (I live in Arizone, you know, it gets very hot over here).

Old 05-04-2005, 02:43 AM

ORIGINAL: Maverick

Hey man, it seems like every car has this problem. It gets worse if you live in hot climate area.
Just make sure that you use torque wrench when tightening lug nuts. I believe Honda calls for 90 or 95 ft/lbs.

oh - i guess i just met another smart guy who tightens the lug nuts with a torque wrench!! Way to go , mate! [sm=goodidea.gif]