Steering rack - Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Steering rack

  #1  
Old 03-12-2019, 04:47 PM
Newest Of Newbies
Thread Starter
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 24
Default Steering rack


what should I do if I cross threaded the bolt on the left side of the steering rack and it won’t come off. Will anything happen to the car if I drive like this?
 
  #2  
Old 03-13-2019, 02:50 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Kimball MI
Posts: 869
Default

Originally Posted by D23vorobey View Post

what should I do if I cross threaded the bolt on the left side of the steering rack and it won’t come off. Will anything happen to the car if I drive like this?
Personally I'd work on getting it back out. Then I'd re-tap the hole, and chase the bolt threads on the bolt. Next, I'd loose the front bolt so I could get everything back in alignment. I always start all bolts before I start to tighten any of them.

I would not drive the car without that bolt being tightened in place. It's not for you, but for everyone else you share the road with.
 
  #3  
Old 03-13-2019, 02:55 PM
shipo's Avatar
Super Moderator
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Southern New Hampshire
Posts: 2,436
Default

Originally Posted by The Toecutter View Post
Personally I'd work on getting it back out. Then I'd re-tap the hole, and chase the bolt threads on the bolt. Next, I'd loose the front bolt so I could get everything back in alignment. I always start all bolts before I start to tighten any of them.
Quoted for truth!

Originally Posted by The Toecutter View Post
I would not drive the car without that bolt being tightened in place. It's not for you, but for everyone else you share the road with.
Agreed!
 
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Khaj
General Tech Help
1
02-06-2016 09:52 AM
Fenix
General Tech Help
6
08-25-2007 07:14 PM
skytech76
General Tech Help
8
07-12-2007 06:45 PM
bmxfelon420
Suspension
12
05-19-2007 07:08 PM
CRWJumper
General Tech Help
6
04-13-2006 11:54 PM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Steering rack


Advertising

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.