General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

VSA Problem 2008 Accord

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2013, 06:50 AM
Default VSA Problem 2008 Accord

The VSA light and the VSA activation indicator light have come on and stay on. We have a 2008 Accord. HELP!

Old 08-02-2013, 08:13 AM
Super Moderator : And A Texan

I moved for better visibility. Tacking new problem onto old thread is not a good practice. Read posting rules.

Your problem requires access to the stored codes. To my knowledge, only Honda or Acura shops will be able to read the codes w/ the HDS.

Forum may be able to provide some guidance once the codes are available. Be sure to write down the numbers exactly and don't rely on someone's "interpretation".

good luck

Old 08-02-2013, 09:24 AM
Super Moderator

Although, the VSA lights can have to do with something else and may need a diagnosis, it may turn out to be a low or dead battery pack in one or more Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) sensors. If the TPMS sensor is replaced, the ID number for the new TPMS sensor has to be programmed in. -- The TPMS light will not necessarily be on due to low or dead batteries in the TPMS sensors.

Some tire places are equipped to change the TPMS sensor and reprogram for the new sensor; however, aftermarket TPMS sensor are generally priced more than Honda OEM. Most dealerships have the TPMS sensor in stock; so, there are options in terms of still using the OEM parts at an independent shop or just going to the dealer for everything.

Many shops and Honda dealerships have handheld TPMS tools that can check for low batteries on TPMS sensors; Snap-on and ATEQ make such tools. The TPMS tool won't read the trouble code(s) stored in the ECM/PCM though. There are other diagnostic tools to read the codes.

I am still waking up; so, I may chime in again a little later today regarding some more info. and options.