General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Water Drivers side floor

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2011, 08:43 PM

yea that makes sense. I pulled all that when I rebuilt the wiper linkage the other day. I dumped a ton of water in there and nothing. I also tired using a light in the dark to find a pin hole. any idea where the drains from under the cowl go too?

Next I am going to do the A/C thing (even though I'm sure thats not it...but it would be dumb of me not too cause it's so easy and if there is even a slight possbility that it's causing the problem I would be ahead to try)

I guess I will pull the drivers side door and make sure that the plastic is in there and that everything is covered up.

Then I might try using compressed air and something that foams up (like glass cleaner) and shoot the air from the inside while covering various parts with the foam and see if anything happens.

If anyone has information on how to remove the top part of the dash, that would be useful. I might as well do that next and just start sealing everything that I see.

Any ideas on a product that I could use to seal large areas? I am pretty open here.

Old 10-19-2011, 08:51 PM
Default Rust on top door edge

I have the same problem. My driver's door has rust on the top edge near the side view mirror. There is a seal there against the frame. Only get water when it rains.

Old 10-20-2011, 08:39 AM

I hadn't thought of the mirror. That is definately something to check! Thanks, I will add that too my list.

Old 10-21-2011, 05:49 PM

Before you go through all that work of the foam etc., just check the drain line to see if it's clogged. It's super easy. I had this problem on a 97 EX that I used to have, and it flooded the passenger side, the driver side, and part of the back seat. Took a week to dry my car out.

Just snip a coat hanger open, put your head under your car, find the tube that sticks out from the bottom front of the firewall, and gently put the hanger in it.

It will take all of 2 minutes.

Old 11-15-2011, 10:52 AM
Default Warranty Issue?

Originally Posted by Str8fp
I've been reading the forum for a while. First post.

Car: 1999 Honda Accord LX, 4 door, auto, NO sun roof (I just purchase the ride about a month ago roughly). 180,000 miles, still running very well.

Problem: Water on the floor of the drivers side of the car

Points of note:
1.) It doesn't appear to be wet on the side of the carpet near the shifter
2.) It doesn't appear to be wet on the side of the carpet neat the door
3.) It doesn't appear to be wet behind the driver seat, only in front of it.
4.) It feels damp under the carpet and IN the black foam stuff that is attached to the firewall from the inside (maybe this is water soaking in).
5.) I actually saw a drip (once) from under the dash.
6.) It appears as if it is starting to rust the metal under the dash to some degree. So far it's surface rust, which I can addresss if I fix this soon.
7.) On the PASSANGER side, there is a little tiny bit of 'air' noise from the windshield....I am going to have a glass company look at sealing the windshield up...or pulling it and replacing.

Tried:

1.) Pulled inner fender to look for body seam problems
2.) Pulled drivers side bottom dash and had a friend poor water all over the front (didn't see a thing)
3.) Poured water over the drivers door with the interior trim removed, no visable water

I would LOVE some help with this....Water inside the car is VERY annoying. I am getting alot of the maintenance caught up on the car, and having this problem solved would allow me to sleep much better at night.

I have looked all over, and I have seen a few threads about this problem and tired the suggestions there-in, but there are normally no pictures and in this instances I might not be able to get by without some.

Thanks in advance!
__________________________________________________ ______________
Hey you mentioned you are going to have a glass company look at it. But one thing to consider is this..Since you just purch it, you have no idea if the previous owner might have replaced the windshield (if that is what the leak is from) prior to your purchasing it. So for arguments sake lets say you purch it from Mrx. Mrx contacted Autoglassx co to replace it. IF they are are a reputable company, and if they provide lifetime warranties (as we do) then I would suggest you contact Mrx, ask him did he replace it recently? If yes, have him see if Autoglassx gave him a lifetime warranty - then this leak would be covered under the warranty.

Just a thought - good luck

Last edited by redbull-1; 07-20-2012 at 11:43 AM. Reason: removed spam advertising