General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Weird problem!

Old 08-21-2006, 09:52 PM
akcard
Unregistered
Default Weird problem!

I've been having this problem for about 3 weeks now (on and off) but it's really baffling me.

About 3 weeks ago, I had my audio system installed along with a Hyper Hot InaZma Voltage System. After all that was put in, I started driving and got this really high pitched whining noise that matched my RPM's and it was rather persistant getting louder and I drove faster/longer. Here's the really weird part, I filled my gas tank (it was getting close to 1/4) and the sound went away!!! For the last week it's been rather silent or more quiet than my engine and today I started hearing it again this morning (my tank's down to half).

Anyone have any idea what could be causing this?!? Isn't whining noise usually associated with an electrical problem? Not sure why having a full tank of gas makes it go away. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

*Car stats in sig

Edit: Oh yeah, since then, I've removed the Voltage System but the whining is still there

Old 08-21-2006, 10:22 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: Weird problem!

I am afraid i cannot help you on this 1 ,, i donot know what relation a full tank versus 1/2 tank of gas would have on the stereo ..

i would fill the tank a couple more times and make exttra sure that, that is the pattern and was not just coincedence

is the noise there when stereo is off ??

Old 08-21-2006, 10:43 PM
akcard
Unregistered

Yeah, I can't see a relation either, but from full tank to 1/2 tank there was no whining..

It's not comming from the stereo, I took off my faceplate when driving around to see if I could still hear the noise and I could, it's not comming from the speakers either.

I'll fill up when I get my next paycheque and see if the whining disappears... it's really weird =(

Old 08-22-2006, 09:27 PM
lillum111
Unregistered

drive around with the radio on and the lights on then ride around with it off. if it quits either time you will need a filter for your output wire. you can pick them up at any radio shack explain whats going on and they will point you in the right place

Old 08-22-2006, 10:00 PM
akcard
Unregistered

I tried that lillum, didn't quit either time

I'm starting to think I'm looking too deep and it just might be alternator noise from the setup of RCA's and the power wire that I have in my car atm.
Gonna go through it wire by wire this weekend and see if I can't find a place where RCA / Powerwire are running parallel and might cause this problem.

Thanks for the help!