General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Werid Transmission Problem?

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2007, 07:03 AM
Default Werid Transmission Problem?

Hey guys,

I got a really werid transmission problem wonderding if i could get some help. Will this is what basically happens, when iam goning to work i have to take Bear mt. Up here in new york. Anway if you dont know its alot of sharp turns. So when i have to make a sharp right turn, my transmission somehow losses its gear during the turn, so if i press the gas during the turn its like the car is in netural, the revs go up but the car is not going anywhere. Then as i start to staright out the wheel after the turn it does a hard jump back into the gear. as if i was neatrual droping it. The werid thing is that this never happens when i make a left turn or anytime else. It only happens when i make a right turn. Anyhelp will be appeciated. THX

Old 06-16-2007, 09:29 AM
Default RE: Werid Transmission Problem?

How's the tranny fluid level?

Old 06-16-2007, 10:20 AM

I would check your tranny fluid level as mentioned and if that's fine then you may be loosing your tranny.... that sounds like it's slipping to me... That's EXACTLY what a slipping clutch does.... and that year of car is known for it.....

Old 06-16-2007, 10:37 AM

tranny fluid is max and very clean.

Old 06-16-2007, 10:39 AM

When you checked the fluid did you smell it? If it smells a little burnt then that would confirm that it's slipping, if that's the case I'd trade off or sell that car fairly soon or start saving for a tranny rebuild.... I'm not trying to scare you or anything but there was a class action suit against honda because of those transmissions.... it's more common in the v6's but I have heard of problems with some of the 4cyl.... how many miles are on it?

Old 06-18-2007, 08:47 AM

This transmission is a rebuilt transmission staright from honda dealer. i only put maybe 5,000 miles on it.I was wondering how werid that it only happens on a right turn, and it happens at anygear on a right turn. Never ever do i experince anytime during driving. Is it possible it could be a suspesnion problem. Maybe a axle. Also just a quick question, if it happens to be a transmisson prblem, i do get a 1 year, 10,000 mile warrnety for parts and service right? so i can send it back to them

Old 06-18-2007, 09:15 AM

Take it to the Honda Dealer that provided the transmission ASAP.

Old 06-19-2007, 11:31 PM

Get it checked asap, my tranny was slipping in and out of gears and even going into neutral than jumping up a gear as it revs up. Not good my friend, its your tranny slipping, it only gets worse the more you drive it. Sorry to sound so negative. I just had mine rebuilt by honda because the warranty covered my ride, I was fortunate to still be covered. Car rides like new now

Old 06-20-2007, 06:43 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

if you are taking the corner really hard it is possible for the trans fluid to move away from the pickup for the pump. My 94 did that all the time when going up a clover entrance ramp at 40-45mph..... if you are taking the corner at excessive speed, slow down if you are taking the corner at posted speeds, go to the dealer asap

unless your car was salvaged for some reason it comes with a 7 year 9 month or 109K transmission warranty. If you put in the trans yourself (paid for it) it SHOULD come with a 3 yr 36K mile warranty.