General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Window help please?

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2006, 02:42 PM
MikalX
Unregistered
Default Window help please?

Hey everyone. This is my first post and I appreciate any responses.

I have a 99 Accord Coupe. My passenger window will not work whatsoever. Here' s what happened: I just put in new door speakers in and after I put everything back together, my passenger side window wouldn't do anything. The window won't roll up from the driver side either. It's like it's getting no signal and it's not making any noises.

So, I've checked fuses and swapped the relay under the hood. Nothing worked. I took out the switch just to look for anything noticeable and I did see something. Under the switch, it looks like there is a little metal "half-loop" looking thing. It looks like it may carry current. So I went to a junkyard and got a new one and it had the same broken loop. It didn't work either.

Has anyone ever seen this? Maybe they were both bad switches? Even so, wouldn't the driver side still work for the passenger? I think maybe there's another relay that I missed. Any help is appreciated. Thanks very much!

Old 08-08-2006, 03:24 PM
Default RE: Window help please?

it sounds like the wire connecting to your window motor got disconnected... if all your fuses are fine and neither switch works then it's not a switch issue it's either your motor went by just by chance or (more than likely) the wire that connects to your motor is disconnected... does it make any noise at all or just nothing?

Old 08-08-2006, 10:33 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

ORIGINAL: MikalX

Here' s what happened: I just put in new door speakers in and after I put everything back together, my passenger side window wouldn't do anything. The window won't roll up from the driver side either. It's like it's getting no signal and it's not making any noises.

Make sure you have everything hooked back up. Do the door locks work?

Old 08-08-2006, 11:03 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

i agree with the guys, if it was working before and not now.. most likely you left something loose or accidentaly broke a connection
remove the panel and chk all the connectors