General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Window Pulse 2005 LX Coupe

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2017, 12:06 PM
Newest Of Newbies
Default Window Pulse 2005 LX Coupe

The driver side window on my 2005 Accord LX coupe was finicky when I bought it (with 60K miles) about a year ago. It would work 95% of the time - or just do nothing. Last month, it was down to 60%.

The other week it failed bad. The motor slowed, struggled, became erratic, and died, though I got the window closed.

So, I'm thinking regulator - and I've replaced the reg/mtr assembly.

It works fine now - every time, but....

I'll be driving along, and once in a while I hear the window motor seem to pulse, even though the window is closed.
It'll begin to start, and in a quarter second or so, realize its closed, and stop. This happens over and over on 10-second or so intervals.
I can stop it by messing with the switch.

So, I'll be replacing that expensive switch I suppose.
Maybe that's what caused the original regulator to go South, though I never heard it.

I'm just wondering if anyone else ever had a pulsing window like that.

Thanks...

...Mike

Old 03-06-2017, 06:39 PM
Super Moderator

I'd look into a "relearn/reset" of the auto up and down feature before going too far. Pretty sure anytime the window motor is replaced this is called for. Sorry too lazy to look it up but I be a quick google search will come up with many "how to". If not post back and someone or I will post it.

Old 04-07-2020, 11:56 PM

Im having the same issue with my window now as well. The switch itself seems to have alot of play in it so I think that is my issue, the motor never had issues going up or down. In fact the window would go down at times on its own, same with my passenger side window. Then one night my driver window went down on its own all the way while I was driving and when I went to put it back up, the motor slowed down and never let me raise the window shut. I had to get it off track and wedge something to hold the window shut. There is no kind of noise coming from the window when the switch it pressed. Hence why I believe its the switch itself. The switch brand new is about $200.00 which is ridiculous, I can barely find them used either. Im afraid of paying $100 for a used one to then run into the same issue later down the road.

Any advice would be great. Thank you!