General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Windshield wiper needs warming up???

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2005, 03:29 PM
luey42n
Unregistered
Default Windshield wiper needs warming up???

Hey gang. I am a new member to the forum, and I thank you all for the input. I just bought a 1993 Accord EX with 101K miles on it. Nice car, and runs well. I live in Omaha, NE, so you can imagine the types of weird weather we get here. In fact, it snowed this week and it is now 55 degrees - go figure!

Anyway...my problem is with the winshield wipers. The other morning the temperature was around 30 degrees F, and when I turned on the wipers, NOTHING HAPPENED. I tried to run the "Mist" feature, and that seemed to work fine, but when I tried to use the INT/LO/HIGH settings, I got zip. As the day progressed and I tried to use them again, they seemed to work just fine.

My question is what could be causing the problem? Is it the main motor? A relay or fuse failing...? On of the guys at Napa suggested the brushes may be too old in the motor to engage at such cold temps.

Has anyone ever heard of this before? And, if it is the motor, where is a good source for a used one along with an installation manual?

Thanks so much for your help!

Luey

Old 11-19-2005, 09:30 PM
Default RE: Windshield wiper needs warming up???

first of all make sure that the wipers are not frozen to the window and move freely

i dont think theres a problem with the motor but the ground to the motor looks like theres loose ground