HAF Help & Suggestion Center Need help with HAF? Ask. Have a suggestion to better HAF? Tell us here.

Share Your Opinion To Improve HAF

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2007, 01:25 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: Share Your Opinion To Improve HAF

scrap the car of the month and suggestion center.

upgrade the for sale/wanted areas to a more craiglist type thing (or ebay type thing).

not that complex, just make a better way of monitoring whats for sale and what people want.

have people input their car year + model into their profile when they sign up, then have that auto-entered into their sig or the space below their username.

Old 10-27-2007, 02:06 PM

ORIGINAL: Tony1M

If it would not gum up the works, I think it would be advantageousif everyone used more photos when either explaining a problem, or explaining a solution. Most times a good photo is indeed worth a thousand words, even though it's a bit of a PITA to take, edit, and post them.
I agree too! For example the DIY section is a great source of information, but for people like me, pics would be greatly appreciated. It says do this do that unscrew this, but for those that are noob like me we are trying to figure out what is what in order to follow along.

There are also a lot of questions that come up that are very similar. It would be nice if threads were stickied more often for common questions or tech issues. This would be useful to help people find the solution to their problem more efficiently. Eg the 6th gen clock issue. Then again like tony pointed out, if info was too easily accessible why would people post their questions. Most common questions can be found through a search, but if everybody searched there would be a lot less new posts and less activity and just a higher amount of views.

Anyways, pics would be great when people fix stuff or have an issue to help everybody figure out what's going on. Pics pics pics!

Old 10-27-2007, 02:40 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

How about some sort of incentive for DIY's?
Like you'll get another star or something.

In my opinion, the DIY is hard to find things, so inside that category I think it needs to be divided up again by year and what part of the car such as engine, or exterior.

Old 10-27-2007, 06:39 PM

ORIGINAL: ckebottle

Anyways, pics would be great when people fix stuff or have an issue to help everybody figure out what's going on. Pics pics pics!

Yes i agree that pics in the DIY along with the written part would be a great asset to the members and a lot easier to understand ...
.. But I for one ,sorry to say this,, am NEVER going to be able to take and include pictures on the DIYs that i write
.. All the DIY the i have written or write up, are from doing the job recently or from past memory .. while doing a job in a customer car I will never stop to take pictures ,, A hobbist can do that , take their time, take a break , take pictures etc etc ,, but not when i have to make a living and get the customer car out ASAP so i can work on another car ..So i can make a living and pay my bills ..

So if someone has pictures on some of the DIY that have been written up let us know and i am sure there is a way that we can input them to the already written DIYs ...personally i do not know how to do it , but i am sure that the Administrators do ..

[/quote]

Old 10-27-2007, 06:50 PM

A "veiw your posts" button could be useful.

Old 10-27-2007, 10:36 PM

yeah, i guess this forum is a pretty tightly knit group. we already know most of each other's cars and it probably is a better idea to just scrap the car of the month thread and use it for something else or just to have more space in general.

Old 10-28-2007, 12:04 AM
19Accord97
Unregistered

What about on other sites, where they have a picture of one of the members Accords only on the homepage and it changes every time you load the page. I think that would be cool and make you proud!

Old 10-28-2007, 04:17 AM

how bout separating the gens of accords? cuz im mainly interested in my gen...the 6th gens ... sexiest and best looking accords![8D]

Old 10-28-2007, 11:41 AM

ORIGINAL: kleptodathief

how bout separating the gens of accords? cuz im mainly interested in my gen...the 6th gens ... sexiest and best looking accords![8D]
I thought about this too as Im only interested in my 7th gen but then I browsed around on some other Accord forums that do seperate by gens and you miss out on a lot of good information.

For example, tips on how to install a turbo can be useful to any generation as could tire buying tips.

I think its best to leave the categories covering all generations.

Old 10-28-2007, 12:09 PM

Something that I think might be fun would be to have some place to post photos of ourselves working on our cars ........ you know, a photo of the membertaken by a spouse, or friend, after the member has gotten inabout an hour's work trying to remove a crank pulley bolt, or when that lower ball joint is just not being cooperative enough.

Of course video with audio would likely not pass theAge Rating guidelines, at least without bleeps, so photos would be best. (Come to think of it, sometimes those bleeps are the best part of video clips. They leave it up to the fertile imagination of the listener to "fill in" the bleeps.)

We could even have a "caption" contest, to determine which words best match the particularemotion on the member's face at the time the photo was taken.

I, for one,know that I'm on my best behavior when I've spent a few hours underneath our car scraping my knuckles and getting my face full of whatever decides to fall on it. I'm sure everyone else is on their best behavior,too.

Quick Reply: Share Your Opinion To Improve HAF