HAF Help & Suggestion Center Need help with HAF? Ask. Have a suggestion to better HAF? Tell us here.

Share Your Opinion To Improve HAF

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2007, 02:22 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered
Default RE: Share Your Opinion To Improve HAF

ORIGINAL: Tony1M

I, for one,know that I'm on my best behavior when I've spent a few hours underneath our car scraping my knuckles and getting my face full of whatever decides to fall on it. I'm sure everyone else is on their best behavior,too.
I have never said a cuss word, or a derogative word on, in, underneath, or within 100 feet of my Accord. But I too think its the same for everybody

Old 10-28-2007, 05:11 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

best suggestion yet:

Add a 'jump to first unread post' button to the threads, so when I return, I dont have to scroll through the whole thing every time.

Old 10-28-2007, 05:32 PM

ORIGINAL: smaglik

best suggestion yet:

Add a 'jump to first unread post' button to the threads, so when I return, I dont have to scroll through the whole thing every time.
good one! i second the motion.

Old 10-28-2007, 07:26 PM

Or how about if there was some way that when youre in the "new posts" page and you click on a thread, instead of opening up the new thread in the current window, it opens it up in a new tab or window. That way when youre done with that thread, you close that tab and youre right back to where you left off on the "new posts" page.

Old 10-29-2007, 09:15 AM
Super Moderator

You can do that already. The right-click menu includes things like "open in new tab" & "open in new window".

Old 10-29-2007, 09:30 AM

I actually really like the format of the site as it is.
I agree photos in the DIY section is a must. I will try to take pics next time I work on anything on my car and see what appropriate DIY section they should go in. Then I'll PM a mod (proabably sir_nasty or wheelbroker) and see if they can post my pic(s) in the appropriate DIY section if I email it to them (as long as they approve the pic is useful).
I agree second what chio said above.I would like to see a "see my threads" button. I know there is a way to see your last 100 posts if you click on your profile, but I would like for that to be narrowed down toauthored threads too. I know you can use the "search"function and type in "by author" but sometimes that doesn't work well. Sometimes I can't seem to find a thread that I started myself!

Old 10-29-2007, 10:34 AM

How about a Fenix is great thread? i think everyone would enjoy that [8D]

Fenix .. you are greeeeeeeeat

will it do ??

Old 10-29-2007, 12:43 PM
Administrator

ORIGINAL: MacLeod

ORIGINAL: kleptodathief

how bout separating the gens of accords? cuz im mainly interested in my gen...the 6th gens ... sexiest and best looking accords![8D]
I thought about this too as Im only interested in my 7th gen but then I browsed around on some other Accord forums that do seperate by gens and you miss out on a lot of good information.

For example, tips on how to install a turbo can be useful to any generation as could tire buying tips.

I think its best to leave the categories covering all generations.
|We more or less feel the same way about that...you pick up so much more information the way we have it already...
WheelBrokerAng

Old 10-29-2007, 12:46 PM
Administrator

ORIGINAL: Tony1M

Something that I think might be fun would be to have some place to post photos of ourselves working on our cars ........ you know, a photo of the membertaken by a spouse, or friend, after the member has gotten inabout an hour's work trying to remove a crank pulley bolt, or when that lower ball joint is just not being cooperative enough.

Of course video with audio would likely not pass theAge Rating guidelines, at least without bleeps, so photos would be best. (Come to think of it, sometimes those bleeps are the best part of video clips. They leave it up to the fertile imagination of the listener to "fill in" the bleeps.)

We could even have a "caption" contest, to determine which words best match the particularemotion on the member's face at the time the photo was taken.

I, for one,know that I'm on my best behavior when I've spent a few hours underneath our car scraping my knuckles and getting my face full of whatever decides to fall on it. I'm sure everyone else is on their best behavior,too.
**Yo Tony-1M..you can do that by opening up your Gallery account and posting your pictures or what have you in there..Remember to keep them clean in there

WheelBrokerAng [sm=americanasmiley.gif]

Old 10-29-2007, 04:58 PM
Super Moderator

I'm gonna set myself up for some flaming here.

Lately I think we've gone overboard about insisting the car's info be in the signature. [flame suit - where did I put that flame suit???]

I'm thinking about several threads lately where theperson clearly said what car he/she has, only it wasn't inthe signature. We scolded them & hollered &maybe scared them away forever.

Information about the car has to be there somewhere, but what's wrong with it being in the body of the post? If I want to ask a question about my daughter's friend's cousin's Accord, that car isn't going to be in MY signature.

Quick Reply: Share Your Opinion To Improve HAF