HAF Help & Suggestion Center Need help with HAF? Ask. Have a suggestion to better HAF? Tell us here.

Such sillyness!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2008, 03:07 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: Such sillyness!!! May Be Not

See why I leave the computer mumbo-jumbo to him?!? Here's another little thing ..... I've always had my prefs set so HAF can place a cookie so I don't have to log in every day ..... guess which site is the only one that the info doesn't get entered automatically for...

Every morning, I log into 2 email addresses, MySpace, Facebook, CStC and HAF. Haf is the only one that I have to enter sn and passwrod info. [:@][:@][:@][:@]

Old 10-14-2008, 03:44 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

^ Same here, except I must have an extremely old cookie from when the site was working so I'm already logged in when I navigate here.

This site is really going down in the dumps and with the amount of sponsors we have, their should be enough funds to upgrade to vBulletin or switch hosts, where the problem lies.

Over at 6GA, the site owner polled US, the end user, if we would rather deal with 1-2 days of downtime to switch hosts or just deal with the issues. We're getting a new host, now that's democracy.

Also, I'm sick of telling people to search and then getting yelled at for it.

Is there any way we could get someone else to buy this site from the current owners? Someone who will actually pay attention to it and maintain it?

Look at the top 15 posters here, the ones who contribute the most help around here... Nearly half of us are gone and more of us are getting fed up. Once we're all gone, this site will collapse on itself, sponsors will withdraw, and it will be shutdown. Boo.

Old 10-14-2008, 11:37 PM
Administrator

Im staying out of this one ...I just follow the rules and try to enforce them..Live by them is what I do..sorry guys and gals but thats the way it will have to be...

WheelBrokerAng

Old 10-15-2008, 11:01 AM

ORIGINAL: finch13
Look at the top 15 posters here, the ones who contribute the most help around here... Nearly half of us are gone and more of us are getting fed up. Once we're all gone, this site will collapse on itself, sponsors will withdraw, and it will be shutdown. Boo.
I agree. I'm sure some of you have noticed I haven't been around as much.However it is not because of the site problems, it is because of increased workload at my job. ButI do believe the site problems are driving helpful members away.

When is the last time anyone heard form sir_nasty? I haven't seen him heresince I've been back. I just looked at his most recent posts and it says he hasn't posted since June!
Deserthonda rarely gets on anymore either.

Old 10-15-2008, 07:31 PM

Not that I'm any help here but the problems are indeed driving me away. It's obvious to me that this one will be gone before long due to the absolute uncaring nature of the owners. I guess they have more important sites to worry about than this one. They do a fine job of finding sponsors (that have no clue what's going on or they would be history) but do nothing for the people that helped build the forum. Sad, very sad.