Catback muffler replacement - Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your Accord breathe better here.

Old 09-03-2017, 02:38 PM

Default Catback muffler replacement

Hi everyone, this is my first post, so I hope I'm doing this correctly.

I have a 98 coupe 5 speed manual tranny and I love it! It has a few miles on it lol, over 200k, I am the third owner of the car. Most of the miles are hwy miles so I'm not that worried, these cars last forever if properly maintained.

When I got the car, the first owner fast and furioused it, put dual tips on it, 5" could hear me a mile away. I had to shout for my wife to hear me going on the hwy. So, I switched to a single 4" catback with a silencer in it, whew what a difference!

My question is whether or not there is a regular or aftermarket muffler that can bolt onto the end of the catback tube and look kinda stock, thinking of a magnaflow, tired of the fart can sound. I've seen the layout of factory systems and they (almost) look like they could hang from the end of the catback pipe; the curl of it if you know what I mean.

Since it is a factory bolt on 3", would you suggest I get a muffler and get a shop to weld it, OR, is there something that will actually fit the end of the pipe to where the muffler hangs?

TIA