Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your Accord breathe better here.

Gets loud and risey when it revs down.

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2010, 06:41 PM
Default Gets loud and risey when it revs down.

The muffler seems to make a riser sound when I revs down(at 5000 rpm then i put it in neutral).
It wasn't so loud before, this just started recently, could it be because of the cold weather lately?
I don't think the exhaust is broken, because its broken before and it always sounded risey, not just when I let the engine rev down.

Any ideas?

Old 10-07-2010, 08:05 AM
Supper Moderator

stock pipe? custom? after market exhaust system??,,,some info would help.
You norm. get this raspy sound from "test pipe" resonators or the resonators them self. I would inspect your exhaust from front to back make sure there isn’t any brakes in your welds or any holes. Also check very closely around your resonators and cat...fresh air gettin into the exhaust when letting off can cause this sound when it hits the resonator SOMETIMES.

Old 10-07-2010, 08:47 AM
Supper Moderator

...also check your header and down pipe

Old 10-07-2010, 12:30 PM
Talking

as always, thanks a bunch! you always come throu.
the pipes are custom 2.5 or 3".
the mufflers and cat are aftermarket, some crappy ones i got when my old mufflers broke off on a bump, and the cat when i needed to put one on to pass the smog test. you think it might be time to replace them? i mean they are pretty crappy. they are no-brand.
again, thanks for your help mr super mod.

Also, i dont think i have a resonator. but it never sounded so raspy before.

Originally Posted by g22cd5
stock pipe? custom? after market exhaust system??,,,some info would help.
You norm. get this raspy sound from "test pipe" resonators or the resonators them self. I would inspect your exhaust from front to back make sure there isn’t any brakes in your welds or any holes. Also check very closely around your resonators and cat...fresh air gettin into the exhaust when letting off can cause this sound when it hits the resonator SOMETIMES.

Old 10-07-2010, 12:38 PM
Supper Moderator

you could have just burnt out the "resonators" in the mufflers and test pipe...that will cause a raspy sound also. I would get a real test pipe (straight pipe with no built in resonator) that should help cam the raspy sound down some...if you need good deals on mufflers talk to Angelo WheelBrokerAng not sure the brands he sells but he has some good deals. But if you want to go with a nice sounding muffler go with a flow master 40 series has a nice deep tone not like the ricer sound