Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your Accord breathe better here.

i just got my first accord

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2006, 05:54 AM
Default i just got my first accord

I Need Help On My Car

Ok i got a 2000 4 door accord LX 4 cyl. auto for free so im happy but thats all i know about the car. I was looking at Magnaflow exhaust but not sure if its a good choice. I want an exhaust thats has a light deep pitch unlike the sound of a Fart Cannon that some people put on thats loud and deep. I was looking at AEM short ram intake and some cold air intake but wasnt so sure at those either. Then i read something on Hydro Locking and that freaks the **** out of me. I live in Rochester, Minnesota and we have snow so iono if theres any certain things i shouldnt put into my car. Was trying to look for a supercharger for it but no luck cause i heard superchargers are better then turbo for auto. I really want to put more into this car but dont know what will help give it more power and get better mpg. I really want this car to be better then it is now... STOCKED.

So please can you help me?

Old 11-19-2006, 01:23 PM
poser_pilot6
Unregistered
Default RE: i just got my first accord

Well I need help finding out where I can get a FREE Accord If you use a short ram intake, you should be fine, if you get the full size cold air intake, definitely get a bypass valve on it, so you dont have to worry about sucking water into your engine. And try to avoid the big puddles.

Old 11-19-2006, 04:35 PM

I agree with poser_pilot6 about the cai. I myself prefer the sri just avoid the issue all together. The cai will give you anextra 1-2 hp supposedly though. Yeah, superchargers for our cars are not too common, not to say that it couldn't be done but it would all be custom. Turbo or supercharger is going to be a little hard on an auto tranny either way, but the autos can handle around 220-230 hp, depending on how hard you are on it. A basic turbo set-up (no more than 8 psi) should be ok for stock internals and your auto.
About the exhaust, a lot of people prefer greddy evo2 and the apexi ws2. I don't have direct experience with them but people say that they aren't the fart can sound. Magnaflow is a good brand too. I haven't heard it on a honda but I did have a magnaflow muffler on my old z car and I really liked it.

Old 11-19-2006, 10:21 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

I'd go with the sri too. If you plan on going turbo then dont buy a sri or headers because you will have to repleace that anyways. Dont go bigger then a 2.25 in cat back exhaust unless you have a turbo. Good luck n have fun!

Old 11-20-2006, 01:36 AM

personaly im a NA man it might cost me more but i will kick ur *** faster harder and get good gas mileage personaly im a Vtec fan... variable cam lobes and timing is were it will always be at... now if ur gunna run a turbo you need to find yourself a DOHC non Vtec engine for your car... with DOHC u can custom profile your cams to keep the overlap (time were your intake and exhaust valve are both open) down to minimum basicly u dont want ANY overlap u want the exhaust to get out and then get closed... (gas and boost get blown out if there is overlap so thats bad...) your also going to need to run low compression... now most people including myself see this as a lost ammount of compression but actualy think of it this way... with the same stroke and bore... your getting more gas and fuel into that cylinder so it can create a higher compression and blow up more... now with the ammount of boost you want to run determins what you can do with power... every 14.8 PSI (also called 1 bar or atmosphere) you run DOUBLES your engines power... so 1 is 2 100 is 200 500 is 1000 this is the bonus of a turbo or well any forced induction... (note that if u do run 30ish PSI u will gain 1 more times the engine hp 500 at 30 PSI= 1500)

Old 11-20-2006, 01:48 AM

Thanks for the help you guys.

Well i was thinking about waiting on the Turbo for now. And i think im going to get the sri and the magnaflow exhaust. But do you guys recommend anything else i should put into the car that will help me get more power and mpg out of it? Also my friends says i should get new spark plugs and wire, is that nessessary?

Any suggestions?

Old 11-20-2006, 02:59 AM

i have the sri and the ws2 exhaust. to tell you the truth when you do give it a little gas you cant really hear the exhaust becasue the sri is pretty loud itself. but the magnaflow is a good choice.

Old 11-20-2006, 06:58 PM

Just intake and a cat back is a good idea if you plan to turbo in the near future. On these low displacement motors it's tough to get much power out of them without boosting the motor. You could build it and up the compression or run nitrous but, I'd recommend turbo instead. Unfortunately though, the money adds up fast when you start considering everything you need for FI so, keep that in mind. Also, if I remember right, for a 250ish hp output the optimum piping diameter is 2.25" mandrel bent, or 2.5" crush bent, but don't hold me to that. The OEM honda wires are supposed to be some of the best for you car, so I'd just keep those regardless of what you do. New plugs won't give you anything noticable so, I'd probably stick with the OEM ones as well unless you need new ones. If you need new plugs the best for your car would probably be the NGK Iridiums.