Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your Accord breathe better here.

Need help with missing gasket

Old 12-13-2013, 09:48 PM
Newest Of Newbies
Default Need help with missing gasket

95 vtec accord. Recently discovered it has an exhaust leak right after the header. I blame this for the lack of power and extremely sluggish acceleration at low RPMs.

Went to autozone today and all i saw that was anything related to a gasket here was an exhaust flange gasket which was pretty much some kind of O ring. is this the right part that goes here? i don't need the gasket that connects the header to the engine my leak is where the header connects to the pipe and as far as i am concerned it is a direct bolt on from header to pipe without any other parts in between. everything there seems to be stock by the way. What is the correct gasket that i need and the proper name for it?

Old 12-15-2013, 10:16 AM
Super Moderator

Kind of confused on which one you are talking about?

Is this down under the engine close to the O2 sensor?

Old 12-22-2013, 01:45 AM
Newest Of Newbies

The location is between the engine and the radiator. it is within the engine compartment before the O2 sensor where the manifold connects to the pipe.

I have figured out the issue. the vtec uses two O rings as gaskets for the two holes it has within the manifold and the pipe. it has two holes within as opposed to one as the non vtecs have.

Anywho.. i have purchased the two rings 4$ each and a high temperature cement puddy to seal up the outside of the manifold to ensure there is no other leak. sure it will make it difficult to remove next time but i don't expect to remove that again anytime soon. will work on it first thing in the morning.

I've replaced the torn up taped up intake tube with a good one and replaced the oxygen air flow sensor up there and have recovered a grip of power and acceleration. after this solving this exhaust leak i will have the car smogged finally. Cali sucks more and more every year.