New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Hi all new to me 05 accord lx 4cyl automatic a couple questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2022, 06:42 PM
Default Hi all new to me 05 accord lx 4cyl automatic a couple questions

Bought an 05 accord a couple days ago with 175k and thinking I got a lemon already. 2nd day the key got stuck n the drivers door, had to call a locksmith $300 later I have a key that works, but the drivers door still can't be locked/unlocked with key or FOB. One thing I didn't think to check when I test drove was the heat/ac. It was a cold day so of course I checked the heat, today it warmed up and I tired to turn the air to cold (not using ac, just outside air) and it always blows super hot like I have the heat on. I searched for this, all I found was AC issues and some vents blowing cold others blowing hot. The radio turns off and on when it wants as I'm driving, and today I went to start it and the battery was dead. I think I saw a few places where the radio when messing up can drain the battery. Could the radio have anything to do with not being able to change from hot to cold since the controls are part of the radio? I also didn't roll down the windows when I test drove and the rear passenger window doesn't roll down. Other than all of that the car seems to run/drive good so far, what a punch in the mouth though to have this many issues and have only had the car 3 days.

Anyone have anything to look at/replace mostly for the hot/cold issue, and/or the window? I know I need to take the door apart, and replace the radio, or install one below the original. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Mark