New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

My Accord EX is finally paid off -- now I'm a proud OWNER :)

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2015, 07:00 PM
Smile My Accord EX is finally paid off -- now I'm a proud OWNER :)

Hey all!

I got my 2007 Honda Accord EX V6 as a brand-new Lease in 2007. I drove it for two years and fell in love, so I decided to finance and purchase the car.

She's been an amazing ride, and I've never hesitated to take her on a joy ride or a wonderful camping trip.

I drove her up and down the California coast twice, and many many times to San Francisco, Las Vegas, and San Diego from Los Angeles.

She's been camping in the Sierra Nevadas, and gone through rocky off-road terrain in the San Bernardino Mountains where the only other cars to share the road were heavy-duty Jeeps (see photo below).

I'm proud to say that as of one week ago she is finally paid off. I will be receiving my pink slip soon

She has less than 90,000 miles on her -- I've averaged about 12,000 miles per year. Overall she has done well for me. I've recently changed the timing belt and all the piping for the steering fluid system. I'm taking her in for new tires next week.

I was never a Honda enthusiast, just a very proud owner. But now that I know my pink slip is in the mail, a realization hit me. I will keep her and drive her for a long long time. I have no interest in getting a new car.

It's about time I start doing serious mainteinance and upkeep. I want to do some body touch ups (she has a handful of dings) and clean ups (she hasn't had an interior detail in years).

I'm new to the forums, so I'm making me introduction here. But really, it's less about me, more about my car.

I hope to learn from you all, contribute as much as I can, and be a part of a community I am proud of.

Cheers !

DDB

Name:  1qC3oYH.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  164.1 KB

Old 01-18-2015, 10:48 PM
Administrator

Way to go brother, feels great when you finally own it .