Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

Got a job!

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2007, 12:23 AM
19Accord97
Unregistered
Default Got a job!

Well, I got a job at Vector Marketing..and huge firm that sells Cutco products. As an employee I get 70% off! lol The kit that I show people is over $500 but I get it for $154 if I want to buy it, or a security deposit. I was actually impressed with their products.
I am not sure if I am going to take it..it is really flexible, and it is $16 per appointment, but there are 3, 6 hour training sessions, I have to use my own car to go to peoples houses and I have to find my own clients. I like the pay but wish it was more like a reg. 8-5 job. So we'll see. I think it just sounds easier than what it may be. Although it is low low pressure sales and I make $16 per appointment whether I sell something or not.
I know some of you are into cooking utensils so I could probably get you guys some sweet deals!
I applied at other various places, such as Best Buy, Panera, Potbellys, and Enterprise Rent a car didnt work out. Grrr....

Just thought id givea lovely update to my job search!

Old 08-23-2007, 03:57 AM
Default RE: Got a job!

I know a couple of people who worked for vector. Both did it very briefly...just a job until they found another one. Wouldn't hurt to give it a shot if you do not have anything else lined up. Keep looking though. I'm not a huge fan of these places that don't offer leads or pay for training. At least they compensate you for an appointment.

In your job search, try and stay away from mlm type places, especially Primerica.

Old 08-23-2007, 08:53 AM

If you are good, you can make a decent amount of money at this. But PLEASE keep in mind: in these sales type jobs, you should consider yourself lucky if you sell the product to 1 out of every 10 or so appointments.
We had some recruiters come to one of my college classes when I was a Junior looking for us to do an "internship" program with them in the summer before our senior year. I think it was selling books, but it is the same principle. They actually told us that the average number of successful sales is pretty low.
But a lot of people can make a lot doing this. I had a friend who sold vaccum cleaners door to door for about a month and made a few thousand dollars.He sounds like Boomhauer from King of the Hill too. You can't hardly understand a word he says. You just gotta have the personality to sell.

Good Luck!!

Old 08-23-2007, 11:50 AM
19Accord97
Unregistered

Thanks for all the tips! What is a mlm company?

As for not selling anything...well I still get the $16 no matter what, so yeah! I know, they make it sound so good, but in reality...I dont think it will be. Plus I know two people now who worked for them and quit really quickly. So I probably wont end up doing it if something else comes around. Plus the office looked really freaking crappy..wow! haha Thanks guys!

haha I would like to meet that guy! youknow uh whatimasaying mahn?

Old 08-23-2007, 01:11 PM

ORIGINAL: 19Accord97

haha I would like to meet that guy! youknow uh whatimasaying mahn?
Haha! That'spretty much what it sounds like. Maybe faster though like "youknowuhwhatimsayinmahn"his sentences pretty much sound like one long word.I have witnesses several times where his own mother couldn't even understand him.He was a fraternitybrother of mine, so we heard him try to talk when he was drunk (twice as bad) so we learned how to translatewhat he was saying most of the time.It is almost impossible to talk to him on the phone. If he calls me, I usually don't answer the phone, then I immediately send him a text message so we can communicate that way! He is also surprisingly pretty good with the ladies. I have not yet been able to figure out how.

Old 08-23-2007, 01:14 PM

Oh yeah...I almost forgot. Sales is VERY good job experience. If you learn how to sell something, you are usually pretty successful later in life. Bartending is also good experience. Lots of employers actually like to see things likebartending on a resume. It shows you can deal with people very well, especially since bartenders have to deal with people who are not always in their right mind[sm=partyparty.gif]

Old 09-04-2007, 10:18 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

Well, training was supposed to start on Friday but I didnt go....lol

I have an interview @ Menards tomorrow! 9.50 hr and 12 bucks on weekends! woot!