Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

Okay, this stuff really just irritates me

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2008, 09:00 AM
Default RE: Okay, this stuff really just irritates me

That article was total BS. If I showed that to my wife even she would say it is total BS. We can't "adjust ourself"? OK, then you can't have any of it b****! Women wantsex just as bad (if not more many times) than men do. I love the comment about it being a weird appendage. That article must have been written by either a lesbian or a virgin who still thinks men are gross. It was probably written by a 400 lb manitee who hasn't seen her feet in 10 years.

As far as tipping goes, I usually tip well. I got that from my mother since she used to be a waitress. I know the servers don't get paid crap. Most of the time my wife gets annoyed with me for leaving too much of a tip if she wasn't all thatsatisfied with the service.
On the other hand: A few weekends ago my wife and I went out with a group of friends to a restaraunt/bar. Our waitress was the absolute worst waitress I have ever had. She started the night bytaking everyone's drink order except for mine. Then she took one person's food order. Then she asked another guy what he wanted, and she walked off in the middle ofhim trying to tell her what he wanted. She did not return until she brought the first orderer's FOOD out! Then she was about to run off again when my buddy says "Can we order something?" So she takes everyone's order except for one person who I guess was too slow for her. This place is famous for raw oysters so I order some for my wife and I as an appetizer. We wait about 30 minutes. Our main course comes out. We ask a different waitress about our oysters. The raw oysters come out when we are already half finished with our entree about 15 minutes later.The different waitress had to bring out the oysters because obviously our waitress forgot to tell the cooks we even ordered them.Our waitressonly came back like once or twice after everyone's drinkhad beentotally empty for quite a while. Everyone was drinking bottled beer. All that waitress had to do was go up to the bar and ask for the beers. The place wasn't even crowded.
When we got the check, they had already added 18% gratuity to mine and my wife's check. I was pretty mad.

Old 02-27-2008, 10:14 AM

HOLY CRAP 00 accord... that sound's like the worst experience ever. If that would of been me I would of said something for sure. At my rest I would of already offered to comp your whole bill, holy hassle.

White95 and Finch.... as I said, because you pretty much jus repeated klrs

I feel bad that you have such crappy service... I got paid 4.50 an hour and if I was shift leading 5.00$ and hour plus tips. One of you said you tip me my tipout and tax... thanks... at least you said your staying away from rest. cus obviously you don't get it. We get paid btwn 2.90-5 an hour... that's for the rest. work... rolling silverware, cleaning, prepping, glasses, ice, iced tea, fruits, expo lines, foh boh work, cleaning up after you, washing floor ETC... all that for 4$.... so you don't get service for free... its america, nothing is free. You should standard tip 18%.... if it sucks go lower and if they go above and beyond 20%. Simple as that. I understand if your time sucks and service is bad, go ahead tip ****ty... im a server and when im out to eat and it sucks, i tip a lil less too.
This is def. a never ending argument, so I wish I was still a server so I can come to your towns and show you how I earn 20% tips on 80% of my business.
Sometimes it gets tough when you have 5-7 tables, 4 persons a table... thats 20-35 people your keeping track of.

Old 02-27-2008, 10:31 AM

ORIGINAL: 02Hawkord
Sometimes it gets tough when you have 5-7 tables, 4 persons a table... thats 20-35 people your keeping track of.
I was keeping this in mind with my bad experience. i always keep that in mind. However one of the guys I was with used to wait tables for a few years at Gradys and he said "Gees! I'm retarded, but when I was waiting tables even I was able to handle as much as 30 tables at once on occasion!"
FYI...he's not really retarded. Although he may have smoked himself that way over the years.

Old 02-27-2008, 11:55 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

I understand that serving is extremely low pay for extremely hard work, but I think if you want to make osme real change it needs to be taken care of on the government/administrative side of things. Labor unions, DFL, etc.

I don't expect waiters to break their back over me, but the majority of them around here suck. I get a few every once in a while, such as at Fridays or even some cheaper places, who go above and beyond and they definitely get tipped generously. I have also eaten at some upper-class restaurants around the cities such as Kincaids, The Downtowner, Mancini's and such and their service was horrible for the "quality" and price of the food advertised.

I tip my tattoo artist a lot more than necessary because I feel he deserves it. For example, last week he charged me flash rate for my own artwork for about an hour and a half of tattoing. He asked $125 and I gave him $180, that's a 44% tip.

Old 02-28-2008, 09:53 PM

damn, you mean i cant clean my gun on dates anymore?

there goes all my fun :\

EDIT:
PROTIP: girls think they want all that stuff, but really they dont. Why? because guys like that are no fun.

Old 02-28-2008, 09:56 PM

Women are never satisfied no matter what you do on dates or anywhere else. They will never be satisfied, ever. End of thread

Old 02-29-2008, 08:15 AM

oh!! so they can talk about how much they paid $1000 for that damn bag/purse which carries crap in it, and i cant talk about my car. Man how did i ever get laid before this article what a life saver.
Mann so happy i got a girl-friend who likes me for who i am. Amen to that.

Old 02-29-2008, 08:34 AM

ORIGINAL: j_man_honda

Women are never satisfied no matter what you do on dates or anywhere else. They will never be satisfied, ever. End of thread
LOL! Amen! Preach on brotha!

Old 03-03-2008, 01:04 AM
19Accord97
Unregistered

ORIGINAL: 00AccordLX5spd

ORIGINAL: j_man_honda

LOL! Amen! Preach on brotha!
+1!!!

You know what?
We should make our own "10 things women should never say in front of men" list in here! hahahaha

1. That you are a better driver then a man! hahaha
2. YOU clean the house. <--- Men dont clean, we watch the cleaning be done! [8D]
jk

Old 03-03-2008, 02:28 PM

^^ ..... we supervise!!!