Suspension Talk about your suspension within.

Broken Axle?

Old 01-02-2007, 05:11 PM
Default Broken Axle?

ok heres the deal it rained last saturday so the road was a bit slippery but even with my newly installed HID's i thought the road was dry and did not see a puddle at this sharp turn. of course i was unfortunate enough to be on that road for the first time and didnt expect that sharp turn. so i hit the turn and spun out of control well upon spinnin my rear passenger wheel hit a curb and i broke/bent the axle? well i need to replace all of that whatever it is that broke i think my dad knows i need one new rim and maybe even new springs.

enough of the sap story i was wondering if anybody here knew of where i can find those parts for somewhat cheap and not jeopardize quality i just need an oem rim. and if at all possible i might even change out the springs while im at it eibach springs maybe to make it a somewhat better handling car. im not really sure how far i want to drop it though.

Old 01-02-2007, 05:37 PM
Default RE: Broken Axle?

sorry to hear about that man.... the first step is just get the car raised and find out what all got damaged... You may want to consider a junk yard for some of the parts. I doubt the spring itself is damaged, perhaps the shocks took all the damage. Find out what's broken and start there... I didn't notice if you listed your year/make/model or not but if you didn't then include that information.... search through our for sale/trade classifieds for a wrecked car as well....

Old 01-03-2007, 11:26 PM
Administrator

Dang that puddle must have been a small lake to spin out..at least your okay..

Wheelbrokerang [sm=americanasmiley.gif]

Old 01-03-2007, 11:40 PM
Administrator

1St things 1st..Which wheel does your Accord have , there are stock OEM wheels in the fowolling sizes for this year..
15X6.5 or 16x6.5 or 17x7 and some of these wheels have 5, 7, 10, 12, or 14 spokes per wheels some have exposed lugs, some have covered lugs, and have diferent shades of color because they were made by 4 different mfg companies including...Topy mfg, Asahi mfg, Enkie wheels mfg and also Hitachi mfg...dang this Wheelbroker guy knows his stuff..
That's just for starters, so more [sm=yeahsmile.gif]information please!

WheelBrokerAng

Old 01-09-2007, 10:28 PM

Sorry guys I have a 2004 Accord Sedan Auto 4cyl
I took another look at it it looks like the 5? wheel links? are bent pretty bad.
Shocks and springs are fine from what I see.
I have the OEM 16x6.5 5 spoke rims with exposed nuts and one cracked really bad.
Other little that were damaged include scraped(not too bad) side skirts, splash guards for the wheel wells, mud guards, rear bumper a lil dented, and trunk a bit dented.
I'm really not sure if the frame was affected or anything.
Well does anybody know where I can find these parts are relatively cheap?