Suspension Talk about your suspension within.

Coil overs or air shocks

  #1  
Old 05-12-2013, 12:35 AM
Thread Starter
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 3
Question Coil overs or air shocks

Where can I get Coilovers for my 2008 accord lx. I see them for older accords and civics. Also can I put air shocks on it to lower it and adjust ride height
 
  #2  
Old 05-12-2013, 03:08 AM
hondafreak91c's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Chino Hills, CA 91709
Posts: 412
Default

I think you are a bit confused. A true coilover is height adjustable, but you have to do it manually.

Air ride is a totally different setup.
 
  #3  
Old 05-12-2013, 07:54 AM
Thread Starter
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 3
Default

Originally Posted by hondafreak91c View Post
I think you are a bit confused. A true coilover is height adjustable, but you have to do it manually.

Air ride is a totally different setup.
That's true I was asking which is better in terms of adjusting it for ease and look. I was told I can't put air shocks on a Honda but I think I I find the right suggestion I'll go with coil overs
 
  #4  
Old 05-13-2013, 04:25 PM
hondafreak91c's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Chino Hills, CA 91709
Posts: 412
Default

You can do air ride on a Honda. I have plenty of friends who have it. It is expensive though....not only do you have the air struts, you have to have compressors, the control switches, air lines........in all you will spend at the very least probably $2500.

I would personally go with coilovers. There are plenty of setups for your car. Just do some research.

-Koni Yellows/Ground Control coilover sleeves
-Function&Form Type 1 or Type 2
-D2
-KW
-Tein SS
-Tanabe Sustec Pro
-KSport
 
  #5  
Old 05-14-2013, 07:05 AM
Thread Starter
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 3
Default

Originally Posted by hondafreak91c View Post
You can do air ride on a Honda. I have plenty of friends who have it. It is expensive though....not only do you have the air struts, you have to have compressors, the control switches, air lines........in all you will spend at the very least probably $2500.

I would personally go with coilovers. There are plenty of setups for your car. Just do some research.

-Koni Yellows/Ground Control coilover sleeves
-Function&Form Type 1 or Type 2
-D2
-KW
-Tein SS
-Tanabe Sustec Pro
-KSport
Yep I've been researching and the best results come up for older Hondas but i will keep looking!
 
  #6  
Old 05-14-2013, 09:56 AM
WheelBrokerAng's Avatar
Administrator
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Canton/Massillon, Ohio 44646
Posts: 30,431
Question A Little Info Please

Originally Posted by Dmayjah View Post
Where can I get Coilovers for my 2008 accord lx. I see them for older accords and civics. Also can I put air shocks on it to lower it and adjust ride height
Do you have a 4cyl or a 6 Cyl.
It makes a difference in fit.

 
  #7  
Old 05-14-2013, 01:34 PM
hondafreak91c's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Chino Hills, CA 91709
Posts: 412
Default

Originally Posted by Dmayjah View Post
Yep I've been researching and the best results come up for older Hondas but i will keep looking!
Just search on eBay. 90% of the time, eBay is the place you find them cheapest.

For example....I searched "2008 honda accord tein ss" The first result is the correct item.

2008 honda accord tein ss | eBay



Just do that with the other suspension options (some may not be made for your car), but that will give you an idea of the price.
 
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Oasis
Suspension
9
10-17-2013 01:53 PM
jhungalmunkee
Suspension
7
05-08-2012 03:15 PM
accords own
Suspension
42
11-14-2007 02:19 PM
thunder_x
Suspension
6
04-26-2006 02:11 PM
19accord95
Suspension
1
02-11-2006 02:06 AM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Coil overs or air shocks


Advertising

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.