Appearance Talk about your Accord's interior and exterior mods here.

help with my paint job

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2007, 10:54 PM
Default RE: a little discracefull (HELP ME WITH MY PAINT JOB)

Oddly enough I took my car to the local Maaco for a curb scuff under the front bumpernot too long ago. They re-cleared the front bumper and also painted ONE of the black flaps beneath the right front Redondo Red! I spotted it, realizing it wouldn't stay painted from rain, road trash, etc., and made another appointment for them to remove the paint. When I went to the car and opened the door there were all kinds of parts on my floorboard!!!......front license plate, plate cover, etc. I hit the roof! They sent several chimps out to square it away. I took it back a few days later and they removed the paint from (the one) flat black plastic flap. Done, at last.

I drove by there two weeks later en route to another destination and the building was locked up and for rent!!!!!!!!! I wonder why?

Old 02-07-2007, 11:02 PM

i read that website you posted with everybody's problems
and they lead to a website that lead to some more and so on and so on about the faulty paint jobs
so i just talked to ma mom about takin to the dealership this weekend
but
she said my cousin did that before and he didn't get anywhere

and i said well to get a free/reduced paint job i'd be willin to fight alil more then he was because he knewhe was gettin rid of it soon and he's the type of guy that would get turned away from one person and be like owell

and ma mom sayd now i'm not the original owner so they prolly wouldnt do ish for me

Old 02-07-2007, 11:47 PM
poser_pilot6
Unregistered

Yeah but there's no harm in trying. Give it a shot, maybe you can get someone to listen to you.

Old 03-03-2007, 07:28 PM

hey guys, i have a 1999 honda accord 2dr coupe in black. i also have the same problem. my clear coat came off my hood, roof and trunk. i went toa very good local body shop in New York and he informed me that the clear coat had come off. i bought the car brand new and about a year or so ago i saw the black fadding to a whitish. the total cost for me was around aprox. 4500 for the whole car because he said the car will have to be sanded down because the clear coat is coming off. if you do go to the dealer ship please inform me and let me know what you came up with because i seen a lot of hondas the same year with the same problem and it jus SUX! the car isnt even 10 years old and i also take great car of my car and also kept in the garage all the time.

thanks please let me kno what you hear because i am also willing to complain .