Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Line Out Converter (LOC) Questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2009, 06:48 PM

i did mine to the rear speakers both wires then ground it so you have no distorion good luck

Old 03-16-2009, 12:51 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Originally Posted by MikeyMike
i did mine to the rear speakers both wires then ground it so you have no distorion good luck
Well that's not exactly true, the stock HU defianlty distorts and has a nasty EQ built into it. If your looking for real quality you have to replace the stock HU. But if your on a budget, and not looking for that kind of sound then it's just fine.

Old 05-02-2020, 06:38 PM
Default Help with my 04 accord

Originally Posted by Moddage
typically with a LOC install you want to utilize all 4 channels of the stock headunit..

that way your fade/balance controls function as normal..

the general accepted method that i've always seen used and followed myself is this.

Front outputs to LOC for front amp channels rear outputs to LOC for rear amp channels and sub channels..

basically you splice the sub LOC and rear speaker LOC into the rear speaker outputs from the stock HU and the front LOC channels go off the front speaker outs..

make sense?

and you can tap into the harness basically wherever you see fit for your task.. but typically it's near the head unit.. then you run RCA's from the LOC's to your amps.. and you only have to run 2 sets of wires back to the front to connect the front speakers to the amp.. the rear speaker and sub connections are made right in the trunk..

Basically it goes like this..

Cut headunit connections and connect LOC's so basically the headunit is connected to LOC's now and your speakers no longer have sound.. RCA's from LOC's to the amps/amp then amp outputs to speakers.. you do NOT want the headunit to be connected on BOTH sides of the LOC/amp circuit that would be BAD.. so a typical splice wont work here.. you're going to have to cut the connections from the speakers to the headunit..

Now in the event that you're using aftermarket speakers as well.. you don't have to sever the factory harness.. you can splice into it, and just unplug all the connections at the speakers and run dedicated wires from the amps/amp..

hope this helps

EDIT: t00fatt beat me to the punch haha

~Moddage
​​​​​Can you help me figure out what your talking about here so I can hook up my subs in my car?