Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Replace factory speakers

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2006, 01:22 AM
Default RE: Replace factory speakers

thanks bro
ehhhh .. another question.. how can u remove the rear speaker's grill "safely"? thanks

Old 03-29-2006, 08:57 PM

check this site
i dono if ur car is there but still its a good site

http://www.installdr.com/InstallYourself.html

Old 03-30-2006, 12:27 AM

thanks

Old 04-26-2006, 05:22 PM
Metalhead
Unregistered

I was wondering, since you guys were talking about running amp wires, how would you run a wire such as a 4 gauge or bigger without it being seen?

Old 04-30-2006, 09:44 PM

ORIGINAL: Metalhead

I was wondering, since you guys were talking about running amp wires, how would you run a wire such as a 4 gauge or bigger without it being seen?

What I did for my Daughters '94 was this. I got EFX 4 gauge kit from Crutchfield. Her battery in on passenger side. I ran wire straight up to fire wall and ran it across to drivers side. On drivers side firewall under where OEM wire harness comes thru was thinner piece of metal (easier seen inside when you peel back insulation that was cut out for it). I drill pilot hole then enlarged it to get rubber grommet in. Ran wire thru up over top sterring column to center console. Ran it down center console (had it apart for RCA and remote turn on wires to run) and under carpeting where transmision hump is (I know front wheel drive....). Took out rear seat and ran wires into trunk. Kit came with 17' of wire and I had about 2 1/2' to spare. I have box right up aganst back seat. I know your supposed not to mix power with signal wires but I did anyway and apprently everything is shielded well as I hear no hmm thru subs. Rest of speakers are powered off of deck.

Hope this helps?

Old 06-25-2006, 10:49 PM

ORIGINAL: spectre184

ORIGINAL: Metalhead

What I did for my Daughters '94 was this. I got EFX 4 gauge kit from Crutchfield. Her battery in on passenger side. I ran wire straight up to fire wall and ran it across to drivers side. On drivers side firewall under where OEM wire harness comes thru was thinner piece of metal (easier seen inside when you peel back insulation that was cut out for it). I drill pilot hole then enlarged it to get rubber grommet in. Ran wire thru up over top sterring column to center console. Ran it down center console (had it apart for RCA and remote turn on wires to run) and under carpeting where transmision hump is (I know front wheel drive....). Took out rear seat and ran wires into trunk. Kit came with 17' of wire and I had about 2 1/2' to spare. I have box right up aganst back seat. I know your supposed not to mix power with signal wires but I did anyway and apprently everything is shielded well as I hear no hmm thru subs. Rest of speakers are powered off of deck.

Hope this helps?
THANKS!