Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

does anyone help people on this site?

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2011, 09:37 PM
Newest Of Newbies

I found DC headers for 325$. I cant find any bisimoto parts. im on ebay. found h23 intake manifold for 145$ and i can port and polish it for 75$.

Old 05-31-2011, 09:46 PM

dc sports is a good way to go. just be sure your buying actual dc sports parts not "style or type" parts that just come in a dc sports box when it was welded in someones garage. to be honest I have seen great quality from megan lately. I like the header and test pipes they have out, I have no expierence with the cat-back system. I have seen really nice obx stuff and i have seen really crappy obx stuff so I would stay away from them I guess. try amazon for parts, sometimes you'll find something great.

Old 05-31-2011, 10:00 PM
Newest Of Newbies

ahh forget about amazon! thnks!

Old 06-01-2011, 05:36 AM

After you get that much power, you might want to up grade the suspension and brakes. Also the tranny need to beef up, at least the differential itself, because Hondas and Acuras has issue with blown up diff even just on stock motor in many cases.

Old 06-12-2011, 01:37 PM
Supper Moderator

Originally Posted by supercd5accord
okay bisimoto says right in the discreption of the ceramic coated header for $999 it only makes 17 whp....sorry I have seen this magical 20+whp header myth around and I had to kill it.

Dude go over to cb7tuner.come and do some REAL research and you will find out how much power that header really makes. Find out REAL info be4 spitin off at the mouth. His header have been proved to ppl like you time and time again on it's power gains. Yes it can cost up to $999 if you get all the heat treatment and the SS material but if you would READ you can get the header for lower than that price. You can snag it for about $650 if you get into a group buy on cb7tuner.com. He sells them cheaper in group buys.

Also DC sports are crap...my STOCK f22a4 intake mani out preformed that garbage. I didn't gain anything. In fact the DC headers look just like my STOCK h22 manifold that uses SMALLER diameter piping. Spending $400 for 1 maybe 2 hp is dumb...but your money your deal. If you spend twice that much and gain a ton more power. I'm trying to direct the OP in the right direction for the HP goal he spoke of in his first few post. Do what you want with the info I give you....

Originally Posted by Levibyz
I found DC headers for 325$. I cant find any bisimoto parts. im on ebay. found h23 intake manifold for 145$ and i can port and polish it for 75$.

That's not a too horrible of price for the manifold. But they should go for around 80-100bucks. But they are hard to come by no-a-days. So you might be paying that much for one. 75 bucks isn’t bad...just make sure they will port match your TB and get a bigger TB than the stock h23 TB....also if you thinking the h22 TB is bigger it's NOT. They are same size.

Originally Posted by piggylover1985
After you get that much power, you might want to up grade the suspension and brakes. Also the tranny need to beef up, at least the differential itself, because Hondas and Acuras has issue with blown up diff even just on stock motor in many cases.

This also is a very good point....If you have the spare money I would do a h22 LSD tranny swap. Has shorter gears to make you a little bit faster. Or if you don't want tp swap out your trans get ahold of a
Originally Posted by supercd5accord
okay bisimoto says right in the discreption of the ceramic coated header for $999 it only makes 17 whp....sorry I have seen this magical 20+whp header myth around and I had to kill it.