Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

Transmission problem or motor mount?

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2008, 03:34 PM
oc
Unregistered
Default Transmission problem or motor mount?

Hi,

I am driving a 2005 Accord. RecentlyI found out that when I press the gas pedal, I hear slight rattling noise from passenger side and I can also feel the gas pedal is slightly vibrating(even when I release the gas pedal). The second problem I have is that when I release the gas pedal(most obvious around 40mph), I can hear a veryhigh-frequeny "shoooo" sound like the wind blowing from the hood. Once Ipress the gas, the sound goes away, but when I release the gas, it comesback again.A mechanic said it has to be the motor mount. Another mechanic said I need a transmission flush. It may be no big deal but the noise, especially the one when I release the gas, is very annoying. Sometimes I can hear it very clearly even if the radio is on and the window is on. Personally I think the vibrating has to do with the motor mount but I have no idea about the noise when I release the gas pedal.Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance.

Old 09-17-2008, 07:58 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: Transmission problem or motor mount?

Well, you're probably due for a tranny flush anyways. Make sure to use Honda ATF Z-1 and drain/refill it 3x. Don't use a flushing machine, unless they do it at the Honda dealer.

If it's a motor mount they will ether be broken or the rubber will be gone. Check the front, rear, and side motor mounts.

Old 09-20-2008, 06:33 PM
Default RE: Transmission problem or motor mount?

i'll bet it's the motor mount because of the gas peddel