General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2002 SE Exec (UK) - adjusting alarm sensitivity ??

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2010, 09:15 AM

hmm.. may be UK spec is different with 2 special screws. Mine had just one phillips head screw in the coin box and the whole panel was held just by plastic clips.
I cant say for sure, but after you take off those screws, you should be good to unclip the panel under the steering column. I believe you have haynes manual, I hope you have the one for UK spec, because the screws may be different.
I do not see why would they put alarm in a different place than under steering column.

I just ordered a replacement remote for the alarm off ebay, because I bought it used and my car didnt come with the remote. I had purchased remote before and it didnt work with my car, I hope this one works. Once I get it I have to get under the dash and change it from auto to manual lock as well.

Good luck.

PS: may be the screws are torx screws. Just check the internet for the types of screws, you should get an idea what its called and buy the corresponding screw driver. I bought a tool box with different kind of screwdriver heads, wrenches, spark plug puller and everything. I would say you buy one as well, it comes in handy if you are a DIY person. It will cost you less a lot less in a long run than to buy individual screw drivers one at a time. Just my thought though.

Last edited by trijoon; 12-13-2010 at 09:20 AM. Reason: add more stuff.
Old 12-13-2010, 11:27 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Jez(UK)
Hi Guys,

Right I've poked my head underneath and of course everything looks flush !

I've had a look at the coin box and the 2 screws that I can see need a special screwdriver to undo them (kinda like an allen key, but not !) - they aren't flat-headed or cross-headed screws like I was expecting.

So, once I undo those (that is if I know where I'd be able to purchase such a tool), the trim just pulls off ??

Please can someone confirm ??

Many thanks,

Jez
It looks like the UK Accord uses what is called a cassette box stopper, UK Honda part number PFKL1014423 (U.S. Honda part number 91637-SD4-000). They may be Torx screws. If they are Torx screws, then you need a Torx driver. In the U.S, it is easy to get Torx drivers; I'm not sure about U.K.

Once the screws (er, cassette box stoppers; lol), it should only be held in with clips and/or hooks. Just do it slowly, if the plastic panel has hooks, that area of the panel needs to be lifted.

Attached Thumbnails 2002 SE Exec (UK) - adjusting alarm sensitivity ??-dash-uk.jpg