General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2016 Accord Touring have had an intermittent misfire

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2018, 11:19 AM
Default 2016 Accord Touring have had an intermittent misfire

I've got a 2016 Accord Touring (23,000 miles), and have had an intermittent misfire along with the flashing engine light. It has stalled at stop lights before, but now will misfire and shake while freeway driving. Once the engine is turned off, and re-started, the problem is gone. I've had my Accord at the Honda dealer twice and they have yet to find a cause. There are NO error codes when they do a scan of the sensor. What concerns me is, I've asked them if they've ever heard of this problem before, and they say they NEVER have heard of this before. I find that hard to believe. So in the meantime, I've got a car that intermittently will stall, or shake and run on about 1/2 power with the engine light flashing. The car is still under warranty, so I'm sure the dealer doesn't want to replace anything unless they know for certain that is the cause.

Old 02-18-2018, 01:29 PM
Super Moderator

Did the dealership observe this stalling/misfiring problem when they had the vehicle?

Old 02-19-2018, 09:19 AM
Super Moderator : And A Texan

An intermittent problem can be very difficult to diagnose since diagnosis requires observation of the problem.

A flashing check engine light means codes are stored. Suggest getting your own code reader and read them with key in On position before restarting.

good luck

Old 09-09-2020, 02:35 PM
Angry 2016 Honda Accord Touring intermittent misfire

I have a 2016 Honda Accord Touring It finally Hit 102k Miles and Issues have been emerging, I had multiple issues with this Car, Fuel Pump replace 16k, Driver Side DLR Light Replace 18k, Passenger DLR Light Replace 20k, Moon Roof Leak 36K, Front Rotors worn out at 42k Miles, Again Driver Side DLR LED lights Burnt Out again, and replaces ones again, Hard Downshifting Issues 60k, and Now Multiple Misfire on Cylinder Heads 4, and 5 and randum Turn Off while stopping at Traffic Lights. Even with New Spark Plugs and Timing

Belt.

Old 09-09-2020, 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by jsore13194
I've got a 2016 Accord Touring (23,000 miles), and have had an intermittent misfire along with the flashing engine light. It has stalled at stop lights before, but now will misfire and shake while freeway driving. Once the engine is turned off, and re-started, the problem is gone. I've had my Accord at the Honda dealer twice and they have yet to find a cause. There are NO error codes when they do a scan of the sensor. What concerns me is, I've asked them if they've ever heard of this problem before, and they say they NEVER have heard of this before. I find that hard to believe. So in the meantime, I've got a car that intermittently will stall, or shake and run on about 1/2 power with the engine light flashing. The car is still under warranty, so I'm sure the dealer doesn't want to replace anything unless they know for certain that is the cause.

I'm

having same issues as you... I have a 2016 Honda Accord Touring with same problem I was able to get CODES Using FIXD OBD2 Dongle I got Misfire Code P0300, P0304, and P0305 and Dealer wasn't able to pull codes using their So Call Honda High Tech OBD Scanner that's really OOD, I just spend $1600 dollars on Supposed New Ignition Coils for Spark Plugs and New Spark Plugs and New Timing Belt, still having random stalling issues when I come to a stop at a traffic light., and they can't figure it out.