General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

93 accord tranny problem

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2012, 09:58 PM
Default 93 accord tranny problem

I hit a piece of steel sticking up n a hay field I was only going about 5 miles per hour then I backed up and it stopped me solid so I pulled back 4ward & it was like I broke the shifting linkage so I shut it off & left it. Went back today & it poked a hole bout the size of a half dollar in the tranny case a ways above the drain plug. I cleaned out the pieces I cud jacked it up put a a qt of atf n it & drove it bout 500 Ted's 2 the road. I patched the hole filled it up & it only has 1st & 3rd & now of is Tryin to work 2 but no 2nd.....please help?

Old 05-20-2012, 10:12 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Please rewrite that in English

What is "cud jacked"
What is "drove it bout 500 Teds"

What trans fluid did you use?
How did you patch the hole?
Do you know if chunks of metal are in your transmission or not?
The linkage is on top of the transmission and cannot easily be hit by an object from below the car.
Can you post a picture of the hole?

Old 05-21-2012, 12:25 AM
Default 93 accord tranny prob

My spell check drives me crazy . No I don't have a pic of the hole & yes I'm sure sum tiny metal got n there. I made the patch out of. Sheet metal...formed it fit. Used 2bolts that were there as part of my patch. Right stuffed a gasket ...let set up & jb qwick welded on top of that . Cud jacked....was...cleaned out all the pieces I CUD......jacked it up & drove bout 500 yards2 the road. I used plain old cheap Dex atf like always.my shifting cable. *** thru my floor & hooks up on the BOTTOM from back to front & is held there buy the cover that's held on by 3 bolts. This is an aweome site to get answers but people that r rude & disrespectful & wana sound like big stuff & dnt even ask anything of relavance shud really find a hobby. I work 2 jobs & on the side. This is my personal daily driver that I love but it always gets put 2 last 4 every1 else. Can sum1 tell me about the shift solenoids & if I can check em... everthng that can b visually checked has been...what's inside the case rite there? Is the od on these Honda's a lockup converter style? I'm so tired I can't think...mean no disrespect...these sites can b some1s Savior they deserve respect.

Old 05-21-2012, 12:21 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

...poked a hole bout the size of a half dollar in the tranny case a ways above the drain plug
The right side cover is replaceable if that's where the hole is. I think the cover will come off by tilting the trans down but not sure; the trans may have to come out completely. It's easy to replace when the trans is out, and it would give you a chance to look to see if there's any other damage. Used transmissions are $150 - $200 on Craig's List around here.