General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

99 Accord turns off while driving

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2007, 11:46 PM
blaz72282
Unregistered
Default RE: 99 Accord turns off while driving

I had a (similar?)problem with my old mazda 89' 626. While driving, it would simply cut out. Not really a studder or stall, but a quick, quiet complete engine shutoff. Would immediately restart fine. Wouldnt happen all the time, just once in a while. Turns out it was a loose connection where the wiring harness pluged into the mass airflow sensor. Visibly, it looked fine, but you really had to wiggle it to realizethe spring-clamp connector on the harnesswas loose. Anyway, just a thought. Sometimes its the simple things we can tend to overlook. -Mike

Old 03-20-2007, 08:54 PM
ultragc
Unregistered

Well folks... per my last email, I took my cal to the local mechenical for gas filter and fuel injection cleanup. That didn't sove my problem.

My car, again, cut out while driving yesterday returning from work and try going to work this morning. The engine just passed out very quietly without warning.I call me dealer, since they had done a replacement during the recall, they now want to charge me $250 for replacing the ignition switch harness. This is the pieces that connects the switch to the fuse box or whatever you call it.Again this is the harness behind the switch... NOT the switch itself. Replacing the entire switch would cost buku $$$ and require rekeying etc.

Anyway, my cousine who happen to sell parts, got me a used one that came out of a salvage (accident) car. I installed it just now. I will have to see in the next couple of days, weeks, or maybe months to see if the stall happens again. If it does, than it must be something else that's causing this.

This whole thing is starting to bother me.

Old 03-20-2007, 09:20 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

ORIGINAL: ultragc

This whole thing is starting to bother me.
Yea, i can see how you could be bothered by sudden stalling. We've seen a number of the recalled switches go bad. Time and mileage just wears em out it seems.