General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Door open and brake light flickering '99 Accord LX

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2018, 03:55 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Originally Posted by bmwgsrider
I went to Oreilly's to get a fault code and there was no fault code. They put a tester on the battery and it came back to Alternator volt reg failed

This time I will get an alternator from Honda... I am wondering if people have problems with the Electrical Load Detector or Power Control Module? And if this would or could cause the symptoms I am having. What symptoms would ELD or PCM do to the vehicle?

Thanks so much in advance.
If the voltage regulator failed, that should have turned on a CEL light. If there's an issue with the ELD or the PCM, they will turn on the CEL light.

It might have been your replacement alternator had an issue all along, and finally gave up the ghost.

Old 01-12-2018, 05:13 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Originally Posted by The Toecutter
If the voltage regulator failed, that should have turned on a CEL light. If there's an issue with the ELD or the PCM, they will turn on the CEL light.

It might have been your replacement alternator had an issue all along, and finally gave up the ghost.
Thanks. I hope I have no more issues with OEM alternator... will drive it like I stole it after I get it installed today.

Old 01-23-2022, 12:28 PM
Default Same here.

Any solution? My problem is exactly the same.

Old 01-24-2022, 06:35 PM
Super Moderator

bmwgsrider posted this about four years ago, so you may not get a reply. Have you tried the troubleshooting steps suggested in the messages?

Old 10-13-2022, 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by Thomro
Any solution? My problem is exactly the same.
Having same issue for months now and still haven’t been able to pinpoint after following all the troubleshooting in thread.
Car is running fine otherwise so no clue on what the problem could be.

Any updates from your issue?