General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

a few issues

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2011, 05:59 PM
Newest Of Newbies
Angry a few issues

ok i have a few issues here lets start with what cars i have
i have a 1991 accord 2 door lx automatic and a 95 accord wagon lx automatic
the 91 2 door is giving me this weird smell it smells like burning oil and exhaust now it smells whether i'm in the car or not i was on the highway and mind you i was going about 70 with the windows open and i could still smell it in the car and it kinda gets me a bit highish i guess what could it be now i've checked the oil level and it looks like its decent not exactly sure i'm doing an oil change this weekend should i use 50/50 synthetic full synthetic or just regular oil now the car does have 182xxx miles

also the 95 wagon i've replaced everything that has to do with the coolant except the radiator water pump belts including timing some coolant pipe on the back of the engine and the thermostat and some hoses have all been replaced professionally and brand new i bought the pieces myself but for some reason the car is always missing antifreeze when i replaced everything i did a few things i had the mechanic check the head gasket and flush out the coolant he said the head gasket was perfect i don't know what he did to come to that conclusion but that's what he said now here's the weird part when i drive normal i probably have to add maximum of 1/5 of a gallon of water but when i go racing or speeding i gotta top it off with maybe 1/3 of water/coolant any ideas its driving me crazy there are no leaks and no water comes out of the exhaust does not smoke AT ALL is this a "usual" problem for accords because my 91 listed above also misses water but not as often plus i don't race that one that's for my amazing sound system

also to the "owners, politics if you will" of this website do ya have a app for my droid so i can download it i hate having to run inside just to check the site for reply's thanks to all who read/reply

Old 11-13-2011, 06:49 PM
Super Moderator : And A Texan

Exhaust leak is likely under the hood. This allows exhaust to be pulled into fresh air intake. Exhaust manfold leak likely.

Coolant is either being consumed or leaking. Those are the only two possibilities. Has a cold, pressure-leak test been performed? If not, this should find a leak or confirm water is being pushed into cylinders. If pressure drops during leak test w/o finding an external leak, pull spark plugs and turn engine over. If water sprays from cylinder ports, you've confirmed bad head gasket.

I know nothing about "apps".

good luck

Old 11-13-2011, 10:02 PM
Super Moderator

I don't know about an "app" but I have a droid & I just use the standard web-browser. It's just small so I have to zoom it in to read anything.