General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to wire CC 5 Speed swap

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2013, 09:47 PM
Default How to wire CC 5 Speed swap

Hi guys.

I recently did an auto to 5 speed swap on my 91' wagon and can't get the CC to work. I followed the instructions I was given and it doesn't work. What was told to do was connect the pink wire from the CC module to the pink wire on the CC switch on the clutch pedal and then wire the black wire from the switch to ground.... It doesn't work. Not even after I replaced the module with the MT one does it work.

Does any know what's wrong?

Old 07-22-2013, 10:25 PM

I just tried to follow these instructions which told me to solder the black wire to the black ignition wire... I did that and it still doesn't work.

Could it be that the MT CC module is keeping it from working since I am using an auto ECU? I will switch it back to auto and see but let me know.

https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/for...92/#post221467

"For the ignition key, hardwire the green/white and black wires together. For cruise control, extend the pink and black (same black as ignition) wires from auto shifter selector to the pink and black wires on the other clutch switch.” (Thanks to Phat4drVtec from h-t.) "

No, the module made not difference. What could it be?

Last edited by mishakol129; 07-22-2013 at 10:38 PM.
Old 07-23-2013, 05:45 PM
Super Moderator

There you are

Check the brake light switch - it is a two position switch, meaning the just because the brake lights are off when the pedal is not pressed DOES NOT mean it is closed "all the way" to complete that side of the circuit of the cruise control system.

There are four pins on the brake light switch.....with a volt meter, two will have continuity when the pedal is not pressed.....two will when it is pressed.

Old 07-26-2013, 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by poorman212
There you are

Check the brake light switch - it is a two position switch, meaning the just because the brake lights are off when the pedal is not pressed DOES NOT mean it is closed "all the way" to complete that side of the circuit of the cruise control system.

There are four pins on the brake light switch.....with a volt meter, two will have continuity when the pedal is not pressed.....two will when it is pressed.
I just switch the CC switch on the clutch pedal and nothing happened, no fix.
You mention the brake pedal switch however before when I did the swap the CC worked fine so my brake pedal switch must be working just fine.

There's also this strange plug that was loose underneath the steering column, can you identify where it goes? I looked but did not find anything.

I don't know/think it has anything to do with my problem but it could. I never seen this before and I think its been like this,

Attached Thumbnails How to wire CC 5 Speed swap-602670_558297694228945_503501148_n.jpg  

Last edited by mishakol129; 07-26-2013 at 05:51 PM.
Old 07-26-2013, 07:10 PM
Super Moderator

Can you tell us the color of the wires and how many wires are on the connector? I see a green wire; but, not sure of the other wires (white? gray?) due to picture not being very sharp in detail.

Also, if you can count the number of cavities in the connector plug, it would also help.

Old 07-26-2013, 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by redbull-1
Can you tell us the color of the wires and how many wires are on the connector? I see a green wire; but, not sure of the other wires (white? gray?) due to picture not being very sharp in detail.

Also, if you can count the number of cavities in the connector plug, it would also help.
There's a lot. I think this might have to do with the old stereo system, the previous owner installed an aftermarket set of speakers. I think this plug has nothing to do with the CC problem or any problem at all.

Anyways. I realizbed that the brake switch was not the original one I had in there before when the CC worked with the auto so I replaced it with the original from the auto brake pedal. I also replaced the stopper that the brake pedal had which was nothing but a metal screw and a nut,I replaced it with a rubber stopper as the manufacturer intended.. I don't know why the person put a screw in its place, must have been part of the reason why it was in the junk yard, owner didn't take good enough care of it.

So i'm going to test this out soon I am pretty sure it'l work now. I am hoping it will.