General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HVAC/Radio/Clock Upper display problem

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2009, 08:59 AM
mellospace
Unregistered
Default HVAC/Radio/Clock Upper display problem

Hi all,

I have a '05 accord ex v6 Navi and I have a question about the upper display, the one for the radio/hvac/clock on top of the navi. When I turn on the AC, the temperature shown on the display start flashing/blinking and don't stop, the temperature is blinking as long as the AC is on. I would like to know if there is a problem with the display or is this the way it is or is there a way to fix that. I saw others online, but it seems like it just shows the temperature with no flashing/blinking like mine. There is no other problem with the display, everything else works as it should, except that.

I have uploaded a video so you guys can see what I'm asking about. The video is here http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=2ex59fn&s=5, there you can see the a/c temperature blinking when I turn on the A/C. Is this supposed to be like this?

Thanks in advance for any help with this.

Old 03-26-2009, 07:07 PM
Super Moderator : And A Texan

I would guess this may mean the ATC sytem has a fault. There are self-diagnositics for ATC systems. You will need to find out how to interrogate your ATC. I looked briefly, but couldn't locate anything. You may need a shop manual to run the problem to ground.

good luck

Old 03-27-2009, 08:06 AM
mellospace
Unregistered

Originally Posted by TexasHonda
I would guess this may mean the ATC sytem has a fault. There are self-diagnositics for ATC systems. You will need to find out how to interrogate your ATC. I looked briefly, but couldn't locate anything. You may need a shop manual to run the problem to ground.

good luck
Ok thanks. I will see what I can find out about the diagnostic of the ATC system.