General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I've got a leak. (MPG)

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2007, 02:33 PM
Default RE: I've got a leak. (MPG)

I can't see the brake booster line in the pic. I would add it through the PCV Valve. The valve is easily seen running under the Spark Plug wires in the second pic. It's going from the Valve Cover to the Intake Manifold. Just unplug it and allow the hose to slowly suck up the seafoam.
If you would rather use the brake booster line, take a well lighted picof the Brake Master Cylinder and its surroundings.I should be able to tell you where it is.
By looking at the top pic, the booster line could be the vacuum line you see the highest up appearing to go into the throttle body, but I can't trace it back to see where it runs so I'm not sure. I'll try to look at mine tonight. I'm sure they are similar.

Old 09-13-2007, 02:45 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

Thanks for your help! My friend and I found it, it comes from this round thing connected to the firewall and the hose says "ENGINE" with an arrow pointing to the left which eventually goes into the back of the intake manifold. And it looks like the exact same in my Haynes manual

Old 09-13-2007, 03:55 PM

That sounds like it. The black round thing on the firewall is the brake booster itself

Old 09-13-2007, 04:05 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

Well thanks for your help!

I got the SeaFoam throgh, and it was scary to say the least! lol Anyways, not as much smoke came out as I had expected from seeing the videos on YouTube and such. We revved it hard a couple times then dorve around giving her some heavy gas! I dont really notice a difference, but my friend said he saw white smoke coming from the flange which I thought I had fixed previously. Grrrr.... Well, looks like I found the leak. Maybe ill fix it this weekend...sigh.

Anyways, I really want to say thanks to all of you for helping me! Means a lot

Old 01-30-2008, 08:41 AM

Any updates on this? I think I have an exhaust leak and might as well use all the tips...

Thanks!