General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

loose pulley? help needed

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2009, 02:52 PM

ah, i forgot to check that. i'll do that and let y'all know the outcome.

and i live in texas so the temperature outside right now is about the same as the heater so that's probably why. it's 106 out right now =P

Old 07-09-2009, 06:24 PM

alright so the driver side fan isn't turning at all, both tubes are running hot and when i unplugged that wire it had no effect on the problem. the compressor is a pain in the *** to get to. i'd have to remove the power steering fluid container as well as the alternator and the belts, so i'm thinking i'll just take it in to a mechanic. my mom said she has a friend that we can trust who is a mechanic and will help with the price as much as he can. when they let me know what was wrong and what he did to fix it i'll post it up here for you better experienced do-it-yourselfers

thanks for the help and time

Old 07-13-2009, 10:18 PM

as said here's the problem completely diagnosed for you do-it-yourselfers

the clutch to the a/c melted. the mechanic said it was most likely from the heat during the summer combined with long trips that i frequently had to make during the school year. he just replaced the entire compressor and replaced the belts while he was at it. as for the fan i have yet to hear the problem with, but if i do find out i'll be sure to let y'all know