General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

motor mount issues 90 auto

Old 09-02-2010, 03:28 AM
Newest Of Newbies
Question motor mount issues 90 auto

My 1990 seems to have a very bad vibration when in reverse and a little when it is in drive or idle. I checked the mount in the front of the engine and it seems to be cracked and seperated from the bracket. I need to replace and I am not sure exactly how to do and could not find info in the DIY section Any pointers on how to tackle this right with out any alignment issues. Chad

Old 09-02-2010, 10:16 AM
Supper Moderator

you can fill out a DIY request form for someone to do a write up for you. Check it out...it's a sticky in the DIY request part of the forum.

Old 09-02-2010, 01:26 PM
Newest Of Newbies

I guess I am confused by the way this site is set up!!! I posted a quetion in the diy requests and I was emailed saying that I was going to get kicked off the site if I posted something in th DIY again. So where am Supposed To post quetions where I can get straight answers from somebody who is not going to push there beuractic B.S. on memebers tring to just get answere to their problems. I searched the DIY on mount issues and nothing at all came up, nothing, no how to's, no pointers, no check this site out that my put you in contact with somebody who knows, nothing at all so maybe you guys that are running the show here might put some visible road signs up because I was reffered to post my question in this section for the 2nd time by one of you guys that sent me an email about wrongfully posting a question in the DIY section so I posted one in the DIY requests and still no response. So I went posted one in the general tech help and now this . I am Just wasting my time posting these threads all over this site because every place where I posted one I get a negative remarks that I posted in the wrong section every though I was told too do so by you guys. So what is going on,am I going to get help for my Accord problems like you guys claim or should I just go somewhere else.

Old 09-02-2010, 01:50 PM
Supper Moderator

The DIY area is for detail write ups only. Your in the right spot now. I suggested you should FILL OUT the request form...not post questions in the DIY area like you did. There is a diff. If you read the DIY rules you will understand what I mean...for some reason NO WILL READ THE RUELS. So at that point I don't care...if you ppl wont read the rules then I delete your post simple as that. It's really not all that hard to post in the right area of the forum. Just b/c you don't get your answer right away doesn’t mean no one can’t help...either someone with your answer hasn’t seen your post b/c you posted in the wrong part of the forum) or no one has the exact answer you want. You have to be little patient with ppl. Also I NEVER threaten to "kick you off the site" So plz don't blow things out of proportion. Just read the stickys in the parts of the forum your are posting in...JUST SO WE ARE CLEAR DIY AREA IS FOR DETAILD WRITE UPS OR FOR POSTING YOUR REQUEST FORM (the request form is a sticky you copy and paste and fill in the blanks very easy)

Last edited by g22cd5; 09-02-2010 at 08:11 PM.
Old 09-02-2010, 02:13 PM
Supper Moderator

Pretty simple task. Take a floor jack with piece of wood jack up under the oil pan. Only jack up enough to take pressure off the mounts. Then unbolt the bad mount and replace. That’s all there is to it.