General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Power Window Stopped Working

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2006, 04:06 PM
aceracer__
Unregistered
Default Power Window Stopped Working

I have a 1990 Honda Accord 4dr EX. I replaced the driver side window motor a few months ago because it broke. It worked fine. A week after I replaced it, I had to move the switch a few times to get it to work, eventually the switch jiggle didn't work. It doesn't work at all now. All of the other windows work fine. I bought a switch and still it won't work. I got a new motor as well and still nothing. I checked to see if I was getting any power at the window motor connector and I'm not.

Is it likely that the plug to the switch or the plug to the motor are broken? I dind't pull on the wires but I have heard that they are easily damaged.

If its not the connectors then what else could it be, the little electrical box in the door?

Old 07-19-2006, 03:19 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: Power Window Stopped Working

that would be the next thing i would replace. it doesnt usually go out though. check your fuses

Old 07-19-2006, 04:04 AM
aceracer__
Unregistered
Default RE: Power Window Stopped Working

I checked the fuses again. One was blown, so the window works now. I tried the old master switch and it didn't work. I must be really unlucky to get a blown fuse, a broken switch, and a broken motor all at the same time but oh well. It works now, so I won't complain.