General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question...

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2014, 06:58 PM
Default Question...

I just replaced my lower rad hose, and therm housing and sensor. (i had a aftermarket housing and i think the wrong sensor in it) Pretty easy and straight forward, altho i didn't get the system to burp correct, i'll try again in a few days,... some observations my heat took a while to get hot, my cold is not as cold as it usually is, but could be that we are experiencing 100+ heat the last few days, and may be just me.

Now my question, i have a oil leak, so i thought i'd poke around while i was under car, wouldn't you know it, my oil pan was loose, every screw that i could reach or get at was loose, I tightened them, BUT i didn't tighten them how i should have, had i replaced gasket. There were 2 or 3 nuts that i just couldn't get to. So, should I go back under and loosen, and then retighten per directions?? or not worry about it?? What do you all think?

Thanks!

Old 06-09-2014, 08:22 PM
Super Moderator : And A Texan

Torque spec is 10 ft-lbs or 120 in-lbs, so not much torque required. These tend to loosen w/ ageing of gasket. My experience was that tighening did not stop leaks. I eventually installed a new gasket to fix.

good luck

Old 06-09-2014, 09:00 PM
Administrator
Talking Yes !

Originally Posted by TexasHonda
Torque spec is 10 ft-lbs or 120 in-lbs, so not much torque required. These tend to loosen w/ ageing of gasket. My experience was that tighening did not stop leaks. I eventually installed a new gasket to fix.

good luck

And I agree with TH on his post..