General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear Speakers Do Not Fit

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2012, 10:38 PM
Almost A Senior Member

Originally Posted by wattsk69
If you can return them, you might be interested in going smaller for the rear. When you use a sub for lows, say 80 to 100 hz and down, your paying more for the 6x9 to try and do the same thing. A 6x9's advantage over a 6 1/2 is more woofer cone space. Useful without a sub, but less useful with a sub in play. It's been said in car audio articles throughout the years that larger woofer cones, like 6x9's can be affected by bass waves from a sub. Probably a powerful sub setup would negatively affect but not a less powerful setup. Just my two cents.
Ok so I have been thinking about it and im guessing I really dont need the 6x9 speakers then. I have no bass going to any of the speakers and all of it going to the subs. So im guessing I could just get some 6 1/2 speakers for the back. What would be a good brand to get? I have one infinity in the back and some other crappy speaker (vr3 or something like that) and the infinity is so much louder and clearer even though its older. Looking for the same quality just not looking to spend so much on them.

Old 06-01-2012, 08:39 AM

What's your budget? If you like the Infinity I can definitely recommend them. They have been highly regarded for they're price range for a long time. It will be about a hundred to a hundred twenty a pair if you buy from an authorized retailer like Crutchfield or maybe you can get them a little cheaper at _a local shop. If that's too much then I would say go to different stores and listen to as many models side by side to compare price and what pleases your ears.

Old 06-01-2012, 04:38 PM
Almost A Senior Member

What's your budget? If you like the Infinity I can definitely recommend them. They have been highly regarded for they're price range for a long time. It will be about a hundred to a hundred twenty a pair if you buy from an authorized retailer like Crutchfield or maybe you can get them a little cheaper at _a local shop. If that's too much then I would say go to different stores and listen to as many models side by side to compare price and what pleases your ears.
That sounds about how much I was going to spend. I have been looking at infinity, polk and hertz. Would the 6 1/2 fit fine in the back? And also do I get 2 way? 3 way? I have the 3 way infinity in the back and the vr3 is a 4way. Dont think I really need a 4 way.

Old 06-02-2012, 12:23 AM

Don't get too caught up in multi driver speakers. Cramming in multiple tweeters and midranges doesnt make a speaker sound better, usually just sell better. I usually go with the best quality two ways I can find. If you have never heard a good component (separate woofer and tweeter) set which are almost always two ways then you'll see. My accord has metal adaptor plates for the 6 1/2 's.

Old 06-04-2012, 01:05 AM
Almost A Senior Member

Don't get too caught up in multi driver speakers. Cramming in multiple tweeters and midranges doesnt make a speaker sound better, usually just sell better. I usually go with the best quality two ways I can find. If you have never heard a good component (separate woofer and tweeter) set which are almost always two ways then you'll see. My accord has metal adaptor plates for the 6 1/2 's.
So pretty much just get some component speakers? Ya I really didnt know the difference between all the different speaker types. Thanks for the help!!

Old 06-04-2012, 06:14 PM

No. Sorry if that was confusing. I referencedcomponents as an example of good sounding two ways. Stick with a good two way for the rears. Components are best utilized up front. They cost substantially more. What speakers are you running up front?

Old 07-04-2012, 05:06 AM
Almost A Senior Member

No. Sorry if that was confusing. I referencedcomponents as an example of good sounding two ways. Stick with a good two way for the rears. Components are best utilized up front. They cost substantially more. What speakers are you running up front?
Extremely late response here but sorry I got got up in some stuff.
I have some sony xplodes in the front. Some 3 ways or something I dunno. They sound decent though