General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

window motor or regulator or ??

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2011, 01:00 PM
Newest Of Newbies

sincere thanks to all of you. as t'is, i bit the bullet and ordered the replacement parts as well as a manual for my make, model and year. the A1-auto links were extremely helpful. there's a certain satisfaction to be had in doing it myself vs. relying on the mechanic. thanks, guys.

Old 08-02-2011, 08:26 PM
Super Moderator

Glad it worked for you...some will be confused as I think this crossed two different forums to get to the answer....but as I said, YOU GOT IT.....

Look at it this way, you were going to pay ~$85 for them to "look at it"? You might have spent just a bit more than that for the manual and such, but the ROI on that.....well worth it.

Old 08-03-2011, 04:02 AM
Newest Of Newbies
Thumbs up Awards Ceremony

Originally Posted by hobieslug45
did you hit the child safety switch directly in front of the frt door switches. I think they control all the windows except the drivers window. check it with a meter if its bad you might be able to jump it off.
so i take off in the car to get smokes, get those and it's off to the mkt for a gallon o' milk. as i'm parkin the thing a 2nd time, i happen to look at that child-safety switch but it's off so i think nope that's not it. about to get outa the car, i think twice, enuf to just wonder about that "off" position. i decide to turn it on, see what happens. lo and effing behold! all the passenger windows now work just fine. i cannot believe it. somehow or another, the switch has somehow reversed itself, to be on when it said off, off when it said on. i had suffered the sweat rollin offa me every time i stopped at a traffic light for 2-3 months, all for nothing. omigod. kudos to hobieslug45.

but thanks as well to all the rest of you. sorry about the confusion between this forum and the other. in the future i'll stick with just this one. the 1A videos were also still a great help. the master switch i can now return but i'll keep the manual. 1A seems like a real up-and-up outfit. thanks again to all, poorman212, hobieslug45 (how do you guys come by these names?) and all the rest, thanks for all your response and advice.

i'm real glad i found these forums. it's so gratifying to have a forum (of elders) one can turn to, not to mention the idea of greater self-sufficiency. the mechanic isn't always right. kudos, guys.

Old 08-03-2011, 07:31 PM

hey if this is how you get a manual then it was worth it (hope it's the helms one)
hobie-slug was my first surf board 45 --year of birth

Old 08-04-2011, 04:58 AM
Newest Of Newbies
Default you can call me helms or you can call me haynes or you can call me chilton or ... ??

Originally Posted by hobieslug45
hey if this is how you get a manual then it was worth it (hope it's the helms one)
hobie-slug was my first surf board 45 --year of birth
thanks for the manual tip but so now i got another question re that:
the parts ordered are on their way, thankfully i can return the "Honda Accord 4 Door Power Window Switch Front Door Driver Side", $75 back to me (eventually), but when i did a search on amazon for a "helms" honda manual, all the results come up as "haynes" and also mention "chilton". are they one and the same or different?

Old 08-04-2011, 08:21 AM

the site is helminc.com this is the real deal! all other manuals are toilet paper in comparison. you get 1500 pp. of solid info. for 48 bucks. my oddy manual has over 2,200
pages in it. these books cover every thing .