Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

On the racing theme that has been going on here lately......

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2014, 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by live2rice
Find a manual parts accord, shouldn't be too hard. I'm tryin gto track down a manual volvo so I can swap mine. Even better find one with rear discs.
I found a guy by me parting out his Accord....$50 for the rear discs lol. Can't really beat that.

For the trans, My friend has one that is just sitting. He has pretty much everything needed for the swap.....its just a matter of when I have the money.

Old 01-14-2014, 06:12 PM
Super Moderator

Ok, now I'm getting interested.

A bit long winded. For Christmas the wife got me a "ride along" at a NASCAR track - Charlotte. Then if Live2rice's Dad gets the S60 there will be an open spot in the driveway, making the decision on the TL a little easier. Then if work "plays" out and I get a better feeling about having a job in the future, long term....I've been asked to be part of an "intergration" team", that is suppose to last 8~10 months...then maybe the girls and kid ride up in the TL and we can ride the RX.......

Then both of us can get on the track?

And yes, I'm thinking of going off the deep end, mid life f'up with a car....2014~2015 TL-SH-AWD 6 speed manual......or I "chicken out" and go for an Accord v6 coupe with a manual trans.

Old 01-14-2014, 11:35 PM
Super Moderator

Sounds like a plan to me. Or you go off the complete deep end and get a miata or s2000 lol.

Old 01-15-2014, 05:48 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by live2rice
Sounds like a plan to me. Or you go off the complete deep end and get a miata or s2000 lol.
Not sure I want go "that far" over the edge. I've gotten use to 4 dr cars, don't know why as usually nobody rides with me. It would make a nice "road trip" car. Since the kids are older they won't be traveling with us that much longer so a 4 dr will be fine for the wife and I.

The Accord coupe (6cyl manual) is still in there.....but as I said that would be the "chicken out" option.

Still want to "feel it out" at work for a while to get some sort of comfort level before doing the TL or the Accord. If I don't get a good feeling, well I'll start looking for a 5th, 6th or 7th gen - and yes they would have to be a manual trans.