Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

What did you do to your Honda today?

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2014, 08:50 AM
Almost A Senior Member

Originally Posted by TexomaAccord
Is your Accord emblem gold by chance? I'm looking for one
Unfortunately not ... it's just the stock "Accord" and "EX" silver/black one in the box frame. My thought was to remove the "Accord" and replace the "EX" with a 2001-2005 version which doesn't have the frame around it.

Old 11-08-2014, 09:01 AM
Almost A Senior Member

Last Sunday I managed to change out the vacuum actuator on the rear engine mount. I had the problem with loud engine vibration resonating through the cabin of the car during low idle. After replacing the front mount (which had torn rubber) a few weeks ago, I thought the rear had torn as well. Turns out of all things it was the metal linkage on the actuator that had broken, rendering the the multi-stage damping of the mount inoperable.

It was an extremely tight fit from the rear opening, and took me a couple of hours with long pliers, screwdrivers and various rods to push with ... but I managed to change out the actuator without removing the mount. Here's a pic of what I removed.

Fyi the replacement actuator I found off a cheap used mount -- I do not know where you could find these new. There is a NOK logo on the plastic casing, but I have not found this piece or the mount sold anywhere under the NOK brand name.

Attached Thumbnails What did you do to your Honda today?-img_1236.jpg  
Old 11-08-2014, 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by woody31
Hello yall, I just stumbled across this thread, I could keep you reading for hours, but I will give you the short version. Recently I pulled the transmission, as it was slipping in d3 and d4, I grabbed one from a u pull it yard close by. Installed it and no reverse, went forward , no reverse, while I was there I swapped in a new pass. side axle. Drove it for 3 weeks till we could get a appointment with Mr. Transmission in Tyler Tx. Now $2400.00 later it shifts great
I also swapped in a complete interior from a donor 97 accord, IT WAS NOT FUN. However it looks great and the old carpet was junk, mom would be proud.
Next up on the list is to replace the 400 dollar phone I stepped on while removing the rear seat, dont ask, lol. Future plans call for some acura rims or later accord ones, but the tires are brand new so it will be sometime before that, a exhaust upgrade to get rid of the flowmaster 40, I am looking at a borla or something similar.
Cool. Sounds like a good bit of work done. Sorry to hear about the phone. Was it an iPhone ? Got any sound vids of the 40 ?

Old 11-08-2014, 02:11 PM
Almost A Senior Member

thanks , and yes it was a bit of work to do the carpet but it looks like new, no sound clips on the 40 sorry, and i need a sprint phone if anyone has a extra willing to sell, thanks.,

Old 11-08-2014, 03:54 PM
Default 2000 Honda accord cluster lights on. cant figure it out.

I have a 2000 Honda accord with 258000 miles. Over the last week all my cluster lights have popped on and off. door ajar lights, brake light, battery light as well. I have replaced the altenator, the battery , a new serp belt just cause I had the alt out and a new ignition switch. For the love of god I just cannot figure it out. if anyone has any ideas please let me know.

Old 11-09-2014, 05:50 AM
Super Moderator

Be sure to double check the battery connections - both ends of both cables. You want to be sure they are clean and tight.

Old 11-14-2014, 09:25 PM

I beat on mine with a hammer today. Need to fix ps pump, replace axle, new tire, new windshield... will I ever? maybe

Old 11-15-2014, 07:33 PM
Almost A Senior Member

Put 5 bucks of gas in it, me and my son went to wal,mart and to lunch in it,,kool times

Old 11-16-2014, 05:55 AM
Super Moderator

Changed wipers on most of them.....checked the tire pressure on all of them, dang cold messes with it

Old 11-16-2014, 07:28 AM
Supper Moderator

well it's not what I did to the honda yesterday....it's what she did it me.
Took it like a boss just butterflied it and called it a night. lol I prob need stitches but F it!

Attached Thumbnails What did you do to your Honda today?-cut.jpg   What did you do to your Honda today?-unnamed.jpg  

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Honda today?