Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

fried my cassette deck, CD and radio finewhat now?

Old 01-13-2009, 03:39 PM
Almost A Senior Member
Default RE: fried my cassette deck, CD and radio finewhat now?

replace the whole thing is the best way to go IMO..get a head unit that's ipod ready, or a simpler one with just an aux output on the front, to plug in your ipod to..

Old 01-16-2009, 10:07 AM

ORIGINAL: xpieceofcralpx

replace the whole thing is the best way to go IMO..get a head unit that's ipod ready, or a simpler one with just an aux output on the front, to plug in your ipod to..

Good call,

Yeah, go with the aftermarket one, preferrably Ipod ready, because then you will able to charge/control your ipod through the stereo. I think these days it is cheaper to get the aftermarket one, then to replace the OEM.

Chek out www.crutchfield.com

Good Luck

Old 01-16-2009, 11:15 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Only go to crutchfield if you want to spend extra money on excellent service, I order form them when I can but better deals are all over the net. You can just get a $25 headunit if you don't mind controlling the ipod from the ipod it's self. I prefer that over a HU with built in controls and just putting it on shuffle and pressing next, that's why I love my indash. Your not going to have the best quality system but will be much better than what you had before.