Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

tranny slipping

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2007, 10:23 PM
Default tranny slipping

First off, im kind of a noob. so i dont really know that much bout hondas

so i got my car back from the impound (impounded on account of incarceration), and it was sitting in my drive way for bout a month. i went to start it up today. Nothing. no turn over, no click, no nothing. turns out my battery was a dead curcuit. easy fix, i got a new battery. now i have no money...The problem is that before i let it sit, my tranny was only getting 2nd and 4th. now it gets all four gears. i had originally diagnosed that my tranny was just gummed up, and that i should also change the filter and all fluid. but i dont know how to do any of this. any help would be GREATLY appreciated, seeing as how it is going to help get my baby back on the road.

Old 10-26-2007, 10:10 AM
Default RE: tranny slipping

If the tranny was truly gummed up, you might want to do a complete auto tranny flush treatment. Anyway if you do a serch on the forum peolpe have explained how to change auto tranny fluid. People say you should do a 3 refill and drain process. I only do it once, to much money for my pocket. BUt on the process of helping you i cant, you havent given us your model, year, trim. Also just a tip for you remove the turbonator before you **** up your engine.

Old 10-26-2007, 10:16 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

I agree with HR4. Multiple changes, but no power flushing on Honda AT's!!! 1 change is good for maintenance, but if there is a problem, it's best to change the fluid, drive the car for 5 miles and change it again. Do this for a total of 3 changes to get 70% of the crap out. Please change your signature to show all necessary info. If all maintenance is needed, I'd change all fluids, belts, replace rubber hoses with silicone, flush the radiator twice with vinegar and water and flush it 5 times, use Marvel Mystery oil and engine flush and after the next oil change, do Seafoam.

Yeah ..... the turbonator has no chance at all to make any gains. It can only cause problems.

Old 10-26-2007, 11:12 AM

x3 on removing the Turdbonator

Check out the DIY section for instructions on the tranny drain & refill.